Corona virus

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 197,619 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• I was going down the elevator in my building today and the floor stopped on floor 4. The elevator is for four people, its less than 1.5m square and there's currently a rule of one at a time. The door opened on floor 4 and there was a woman standing there with no face mask and carrying food it looks like she just prepared and was taking somewhere.

I like to give people the chance to use common sense so I said nothing. She walked in and the door closed. I couldn't believe it. As soon as the elevator closed I told her she must be the stupidest person in the whole building. Sure, a frosty 4 floors followed. There's a woman who cleans the apartment who works tirelessly all day cleaning elevators, floors, and common areas EVERYTIME someons uses them.

She is especially over the top about cleaning fair play to her. I told her that the woman got in the elevator with me without a mask and she couldn't believe it too and said she will report her to the administration. I live in a VERY strict building because it was built for ex-military and current military people, who make up around 80% of the occupants. They are already taking legal action against one person who was caught spitting in the outside area between the buildings last week.

• We also experienced an elevator moment in March. Changing concourses in the Los Angeles airport, we had to take a 4-person elevator to the ground floor. As in your adventure, Semigoodlooking , just as the door was closing to take us down one floor, it was forced back open by a young mother with a 5 or 6 year old boy and an infant in a stroller. We were wearing masks for their protection; they did not return the favor. And they were the ones who, instead of waiting for the next elevator, forced open the doors and forced themselves into the space we were occupying.

• Official Post

I was going down the elevator in my building today and the floor stopped on floor 4. The elevator is for four people, its less than 1.5m square and there's currently a rule of one at a time. The door opened on floor 4 and there was a woman standing there with no face mask and carrying food it looks like she just prepared and was taking somewhere.

I like to give people the chance to use common sense so I said nothing. She walked in and the door closed. I couldn't believe it. As soon as the elevator closed I told her she must be the stupidest person in the whole building. Sure, a frosty 4 floors followed. There's a woman who cleans the apartment who works tirelessly all day cleaning elevators, floors, and common areas EVERYTIME someons uses them.

She is especially over the top about cleaning fair play to her. I told her that the woman got in the elevator with me without a mask and she couldn't believe it too and said she will report her to the administration. I live in a VERY strict building because it was built for ex-military and current military people, who make up around 80% of the occupants. They are already taking legal action against one person who was caught spitting in the outside area between the buildings last week.

My husband told me that two days ago he was going out, and there was a first floor neighbour letting people in into her place. She was not the least ashamed. We have cameras pointing at the main entrance so everybody knows that any people they let in, this gets caught/recorded. The issue is that nothing happens if they are caught. Actually, nobody is checking the cameras, because this would start a witch hunt. We are burying our heads in the sand.

Our cleaning lady has not returned to work since the quarantine because she doesn't live in the building, she is over 60 years old, and obese. So we have been cleaning the common spaces ourselves (we and the nice neighbour that lives in front of us). I guess the other neighbors couldn't care less.

My husband is no longer taking the elevator because nobody cleans it and it is used air, anyway.

Last week, a student I have been giving to online classes insisted to come here to pay me after his morning coffee out with his partner. They are both over 70 years old and go out every day to have a coffee. They say they sit outside a café... but shouldn't cafés be take-away only? I guess they sit on a public bench nearby.

Anyway, leaving people the freedom of choice and letting the average Jane and Joe apply due diligence is clearly not working, especially in a country where abiding to laws and rules is never done.

• 23 deaths from COVID in Argentina in the last 24HS, highest so far. Interesting as it is happening upon the ongoing relaxation of lockdown rules. I think my prediction that the government will go back to a full lockdown and extend it through the winter is looking more likely today.

After hearing the news from Chile last night I did wonder if the same would happen here.

• don't forget, the ones managing the numbers of dead, infected etc., Are exactly the same who run INDEC!!!!

I don't trust one single word from them.....

The quarantine is now close to 2 months, it's getting hard to keep the people locked up.....unless...........

Fill in the rest of the sentence yourself!

Anyway the 22. May is a quite important date, not the 24th.....that day and the following, will tell which path Argentina with go.....

• Still not a lot in the grand scheme of things unless it starts going up daily in the coming days/weeks. If that happens batten down the hatches for the winter.

Exactly......just to compare: today 7.5 persons are gonna die due to a bullet!!!! Here in Argentina, not in Detroit or downtown LA!!!

• Official Post

This is why I can't bear to watch TN. Look at this scruffy bugger moaning about not being able to visit his newly born niece, his grandmothers and every other member of his family and then going on to lie by saying that Argentina has had/is having the longest quarantine in the world, ffs.

There are so many tits on Argentine TV news channels, that quite frankly, it's cringeworthy to watch.

Anyway, if you're going to wear a tie, wear it properly or just don't bother. Call me picky, but that kind of thing gets me.

• I read a tear dropping story last week:

A family that was not allowing to repatriate their toddler......caught in the quarantine ......

It turned out it was a couple around 50 that had got approved to adopt.....

Hahaha.....

Talk about a misleading title and introduction....

• This is why I can't bear to watch TN. Look at this scruffy bugger moaning about not being able to visit his newly born niece, his grandmothers and every other member of his family and then going on to lie by saying that Argentina has had/is having the longest quarantine in the world, ffs.

There are so many tits on Argentine TV news channels, that quite frankly, it's cringeworthy to watch.

Anyway, if you're going to wear a tie, wear it properly or just don't bother. Call me picky, but that kind of thing gets me.

I remember the first time I saw this "journalist" , I said to the wife - What a bloody mess . He should buy a shirt that fits that will allow him to button the collar and knot his tie properly.

Several years later , he is still on the same channel , fatter than ever and scruffier than ever.

I suspect that he has compromising photos of one of the big bosses.....

• From what I understand (I have some family and friends working in the TV industry here, Fox, Disney, Nat Geo, and TyC Sports. I discussed this guy with them as he always makes me laugh because he looks like he just rolled out of bed after a night of class A drugs and booze and drove straight to work. It seems he is very respected at the channel. I don't watch the news here a lot so I can't speak to whether he justifies that respect, but I presume not.

• He does look like an unmade bed. This is a guy who would look less completely unkempt if he just ditched the wrinkled shirt, jacket & tie, and wore a pressed polo shirt, turtleneck or sweater.

In the US, the rule for ties has traditionally been that the bottom of the tie should just touch the belt buckle. But I’ve seen some BBC series with men wearing ties that stopped maybe 8-10 cm above the belt. Is this normal in the U.K.?

And then, there is Jumbo, who wears meter-long ties to draw the eye away from his girth - - but no, that’s not normal in the US.

• I've seen him as well and agree he does look a bit of a sight....I take it he's a political journalist? If so then it doesn't really matter. After all when you have someone like short arse Kicillof appearing in his official capacity with unbuttoned shirt and no tie one has to wonder.