Argentina elections 2019

There are 651 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 129,095 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• It is so sad to think of Argentina voters CHOOSING to move backwards!

An ex President accused of corruption is seen cavorting about with in all likelihood the next President. It's all so farcical.....unless the accusations are made up of course?

Until she is tried in court found and to be guilty I really find it hard to believe anything she has been accused of to be honest.

• Official Post

The booze curfew goes back years and nobody bothered to change it, so amongst other things you can't do tomorrow are:

• No public political campaigning, including leaflets and party HQs
    • No polling the public
    • All of the above includes social media by the way
    • No carrying of firearms (including RPGs and Sidewinder heat seeking missiles)
    • No public gatherings of any sort, including theatrical events, sports and cacerolazos
    • The sale of alcohol is banned from midnight on Sunday (although in Carrefour there was a sign that said it was banned from 8 pm on Saturday until three hours after the polling stations have closed at 9 pm on Sunday)
    • No booze sold in bars, restaurants and other outlets. Apparently this goes back to when ruffians (punteros) would confiscate your DNI, get you drunk and persuade you to follow them to some polling station and vote the way they wanted you to vote. With a choripan.
    • For some odd reason Adri thinks it's wise to not allow Argentines to buy booze in bars on voting day. She says it would be chaos, so what's new?
    • But you can get smashed at home though, so that's something.
    • Oh and nobody says what the punishment is for breaking the law.

:ban:

• I was watching a little news in the morning, America, el trece.....all about the election of course......what was annoying to listen to, what was said like in every second sentence....: "On this great day to celebrate democracy blablabla".....

For me it's not really......I dont think it's great to jump in front of a train.....

Would be similar to if you would have someone saying how great the second amendment in America is, straight after a school shooting...........hard to agree on in that context!

The democracy here is a class book example of that democracy does not work everywhere...... sorry!!!!

I don't think it's good example of how great democracy is, when a top crooked thief, that have already robbed beyond limits, together with an absolute Clown, fake, obvious bullshitter, is about to win an election......because of a wide part of the population being extremely ignorant and monkey level driven!!!!!

Absurd.

• Yeah, it showcases the democratic system but it is hardly showing it in a good light. One of the biggest flaws with democracy is it gives a lot of monkeys guns.

• Just been chatting to my brother in law who's coming over in 4 weeks. He can't believe what's he's been seeing on the BBC....CK celebrating on stage with her toyboys just like old times. ''I thought she was awaiting trial for corruption'' he said. :scratchead:

You gotta laugh.

• if I was Argentine.....I would put the word Argentina+election in a neutral search engine, (no language preferences, or English f.ex.....to avoid the local news).

Then I would take each of the first 10 hits and put in a translate engine to translate to Spanish........then I would read those news and try to get a picture of the election, future and and and......

Im not sure you would dance around anymore then!!!!!

• Official Post

Free football and more social security paid for by the already suffocating taxpayer.

I watched Kicillof's speech which was just a typical monotone Peronist shouting rant, the CFK herself who had the cheek to suggest that it would be bad manners of Macri not to invite Albert to the Quinta (remember how she behaved four years ago?) and of course she creamed every single second of her rant. It was painful to watch, but not as painful as watching Alberto in the same monotone shouting spree with nothing of any substance to say, thus confirming himself as the puppet that he really is.

I felt nauseated afterwards and consoled myself in the Jameson.

• I think we have got used to see the queen waving her hands and talking blablabla.....so we have got immune to her a little......but Alberto? Seriously, I cannot see his face, or listen him talk....makes my stomach sick....ohhh man....glad I basically do not watch any news channels, since I only got satellite and the only ones are el trece , America and telefe.

Gonna be interesting though to see the transition forward now......how long he will stay in power, when he step down etc etc.