Argentina elections 2019

There are 651 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 129,085 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• I agree with the opinion of Jan when he said:

It's actually very easy to explain why the left and specially the kkukas has such a huge support from the youngsters, all the way up to age 30-35......:

Aas a professor, I have students from 20 to 26 years old and the great surprise is that they do not know anything of the last years of history, even world history. (National neither internationa)l.

Therefore their appraisal of economics is very weak.

The KKukas were, in many ways, transgressive. I remember Kirchner playing with the presidential scepter like a joke when he recieved the attributes of power from Duhalde. And young people appreciate transgression.

• Official Post

According to Ms Kirchner, Macri's 'regime' is 'all Soviet style' and

"People cannot buy what they want or the amount they want. During our government, supermarkets were overloaded with top-grade products. Now you see the proliferation of brands... that nobody has every heard of. Instead of milk, you get diary products that contain milk", she told a crowd in Mar del Plata, where she presented her book Sinceramente (Sincerely).

Pardon me?

And this, 'Marci's government is non-capitalist...' :scratchead:

• Hahahaha it's just to funny.....the arguments just doesn't fit together.... anyway who cares, that's not important! :scratchead:

When I just got here 2010, no coffee beans whatsoever in supermarkets....

Nearly no imported common European goods either.......u would need to visit special shops for that!

Beer? Quilmes and Quilmes and some subbrands from Quilmes....try and check out the beer section in a larger Carrefour or Jumbo today.....maybe some 50 brands!!!!!

Again, who cares....it's not important!!!!:D

The campaign is bizarre....

• She's aff her heid.

What I have noticed is some well known domestically produced products have disappeared from the supermarket shelves over the last year or two. I suspect they had been getting some sort of preferential treatment from the K government....if you know what I mean.

• And talking bout coffee.....I'm quite critical with that, and have a top Italian coffee maker.....just read that coffee is at all time low at the moment.....but the cheapest grains in the supermarket is around 1000 pesos, 20 euros......in Europe I would buy for say 6 euros.....so in Europe, 12.000 km away, coffee is less than a third of here....Columbian and Brazilian Bean's.....wtf??????

• So much to the "patria grande" bullshit....

I’m not sure the other countries entered enthusiastically into the Patria Grande concept. Cristina, Chavez & Correa, yes, but Brazil?

Or maybe embracing the idea of Patria Grande didn’t extend as far as sharing the coffee beans!

• Rice said:

m not sure the other countries entered enthusiastically into the Patria Grande concept. Cristina, Chavez & Correa, yes, but Brazil?

The Patria Grande concept was never accepted in the good old days of Argentina. It is an recent political concept that has nothing to do with our history. It is essentially a rejection of the European influence in this part of the world. It worked when they displaced the Columbus monument from downtown.

It includes a vision that the aboriginal peoples were angels and the european people all devils.

N.B.

(To tell the truth as well, the Columbus monument was well preserved and well infilled in front of the River just in front of the Aeroparque).

• Official Post

And talking bout coffee.....I'm quite critical with that, and have a top Italian coffee maker.....just read that coffee is at all time low at the moment.....but the cheapest grains in the supermarket is around 1000 pesos, 20 euros......in Europe I would buy for say 6 euros.....so in Europe, 12.000 km away, coffee is less than a third of here....Columbian and Brazilian Bean's.....wtf??????

I gave up! There are some recommended bean places in Palermo (like Coffee Lab - http://www.labcafe.com.ar/) but they are utterly expensive for daily use.

A small 250 g bag is about 15 USD at Coffee Lab! Which was more than the imported Illy found at Jumbo.
    Last time I bought beans at Coffee Lab I kept them as a savory treat, but I drink the violet ground Cabrales in my daily coffee routine or I would be bankrupt.

7790550001246-300x300.jpg

• serafina ....

Yep the price is an issue....

I buy the white bag bonafide beans or the 4 Hispanic, (think it's called), normally......they are round 900-1000 a kilo!!!! I'd say drinkable!!!

Edit: 5 hispanos it's called!!!

• I bought eight packs of Segafredo ground in a BA Disco a few weeks ago which I find okay....think it was on offer at 150 pesos for 250gr. However given it's a bit of a faff using and cleaning the espresso machine every time I only drink ground about once a day now.

All other times which is a lot I've just been using Colombian instant from Dia which is actually okay. Nescafe is a ridiculous price.

Don't like the Cabrales.