Argentina elections 2019

There are 651 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 129,068 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Official Post

The assumption of Cristina in her last speech about her possible sex affair with the late Manuel Belgrano shows her lack of sense of respect to our historical heroes.

Imagine Mrs. Angela Merkel telling the people that she would like to have an affair with Bismarck?

I am ashamed and concerned about the applause of the people gathered in that meeting.

Welcome back, Mr. Carlos !

I was too shocked and found it distasteful, to say the least.

Who is interested on who she would have had an affair with, anyway? X/

• I have seriously given up on the believe that this country will ever grow up....

Everyone I speak with in general, never voted for Macri or cfk....the only one the voted for in their hole life was Alfonsín :D

When I then say, ok I hope cfk returns to solve all the mess, please remember that YOU voted for her....then they start to troll around.

A lot of the Macri voters also now say they never believed in him blablabla.

This country is just immature and will never ever grow up.

Do it's better just to sit down and watch it as a sitcom, (and take the bashing, just like I do, and most people do).

The only fix to this country would be one that nobody would admit they want.

• Imagine this totally hypothetical scenario:

You are in an airplane full of passengers....

The plane is having trouble and there is risk it could crash ....

So the pilot decide for this brillant Idea.....He hands out a questionnaire to all 200 passagers, with multiple choices to chose from.....f.ex: should we descend to 5000 feet or rise to 25000 feet? Should we shut down one engine or not? Should we all go to back of plane? Should we open doors to get ready for emergency landing? Should we engage the xxxx module ? Should engage in a yyyy modus? Should we cut the zzzz part of the ssss machine that control the www panel? Etc etc etc and so on.

Each of the 200 passengers has a 1/200 vote on all the questions..... the majority will be the definite decision in all the questions.

My question would be: would anybody really like to be on that plane????

I tell you, me not!!!!

Anyway it would be a democratic decision, so you can't complain, or?

• I’m afraid the recovery crew would still be chasing pieces of the untallied votes long after the body parts were removed from the wreckage.

I get your point, Jan. Two many decisions can lead to inaction.

But I still don’t get what the fix is, that nobody would want? A dictatorship? An absolute monarchy?

• I’m afraid the recovery crew would still be chasing pieces of the untallied votes long after the body parts were removed from the wreckage.

I get your point, Jan. Two many decisions can lead to inaction.

But I still don’t get what the fix is, that nobody would want? A dictatorship? An absolute monarchy?

By a monarchy they don't need to search long time for a queen.....:D:D:D:D:D

• Have to agree with all you say. In my opinion the Spanish and Italian influence is mostly to blame. If those two countries hadn't had the help being part of the EU they would be in dire straits. In this part of the world Mercosur isn't really up to much.

If Macri doesn't get back in then we can forget hope of any long term improvement. The whole of S America is at least 30 years behind the first world.

• Have to agree with all you say. In my opinion the Spanish and Italian influence is mostly to blame. If those two countries hadn't had the help being part of the EU they would be in dire straits. In this part of the world Mercosur isn't really up to much.

If Macri doesn't get back in then we can forget hope of any long term improvement. The whole of S America is at least 30 years behind the first world.

I always remember by dad ranting about Spain coming into EU when I was child, (looong ago). I did not get the point at that time.....now some decades later it becomes clear.....

I remember a very simplified and extremely discriminating way of describing it...was called the "garlic belt"......if u look at a map and look at the countries you see pattern 😂.

Again, I'm just referring to some expression from back in time.

Regarding south America, yep you are damn right.....

I just feel so stupid and regretfully to not have cashed in on knowing this, (that Argentina is decades behind). It would have been soooo easy to make a ton of money on just copying the trend from other civilized countries, like Scandinavia or Germany, England f.ex. As a big beer drinker, (and other alcoholic beverages), I should have seen the micro brewery story to come. It's basically 10 years old that industry here in Argentina, (the commercial one). Antares was probably number one, and that was in 1998. The real boom started some 5 years ago. The antares guys are multi millionaires all of them. Many other breweries have also expanded like crazy.

This hole story started when I was teen in Europe......so around 30 years ago.....same in USA. I hate myself for being so lazy n dumb!!!!!

• Campaigning has kicked off then...

"But before I pay less in electricity and gas, also I could watch fútbol para todos.....

I know that she stole money but but but"

I'm just quoting one of my neighbors....forget it.....u can't fix stupid!

This one neighbor, and two others, constantly try to pitch me with this crap.....I have given up, I don't argue with them I just say yes yes yes I see your point blabla......earlier I tried to explain them a little about economy, (I worked in banking and studied economy)......was wasted time and energy.....

If the campaign was on a monkey level maybe they could get persuaded ....."I promise you a free house, and asado each weekend".......

Let it go and let them decide their own destiny.....

PS: I remember I think it was de Sanz or Alfonso Rodriquez Saa that actually seriously offered each Argentinian person a free house as a promise if he got elected.....can't remember which election it was, but it was less than 9 years ago!

• Btw, I have always thought about how funny politics would be if you would hold all politicians personal financial liable for their promises........I guess the election campaign would look a little different!!!!!

• Btw, I have always thought about how funny politics would be if you would hold all politicians personal financial liable for their promises........I guess the election campaign would look a little different!!!!!

You're on to a good idea, there. The stuff of nice dreams when we are trying to chase away political nightmares and get some sleep at night.

• In every private enterprise you are judged by your outcomes. Even in the antiquated Spanish colonial regime, after the end of a Viceroy there was a "Trial of Residence", and in Madrid they evaluated the management that the Viceroy did in the Hispanic possession.

Here there is no judgement. You can be free of any danger even if you performed disastrous actions, like the expropriation of Aerolineas Argentinas in 2008. Now we have to pay millions of dollars in indemnity to the previous owners.

• In every private enterprise you are judged by your outcomes. Even in the antiquated Spanish colonial regime, after the end of a Viceroy there was a "Trial of Residence", and in Madrid they evaluated the management that the Viceroy did in the Hispanic possession.

Here there is no judgement. You can be free of any danger even if you performed disastrous actions, like the expropriation of Aerolineas Argentinas in 2008. Now we have to pay millions of dollars in indemnity to the previous owners.

Indeed Carlos....that's the problem here. However, I sense change is on the way but only if Macri gets the chance to do it. If not, then it'll be back to square one.