The Trump reality show

There are 934 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 143,891 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Well of course you can't, you never even saw Jan 6th as an uprising, grant there are many more Trump supporters that want a democratic country

Can't say I condone Jan 6th, but if the Dems call that an uprising, then all had better hope this country will never see another civil war, and if the

liberals keep pushing, then who knows what will happen. For the record, yes, I supported Trump, and still do, could give a rats ass less about Biden

and his admin agenda. I used to be Democrat supporter, but not now.

• Can't say I condone Jan 6th, but if the Dems call that an uprising, then all had better hope this country will never see another civil war, and if the

liberals keep pushing, then who knows what will happen. For the record, yes, I supported Trump, and still do, could give a rats ass less about Biden

I haven't heard anyone call an uprising, then also bleat about an election that was lost, claiming "it was stolen", then offering no proof whatsoever to counter any claims of election fraud. He even said this in 2016, that there was fraud, even after the election

If I were an US citizens, I swear I would never want Trump back in. If you think that all GOP voters wanted him in, then think again. I saw YT videos in which Republican were saying that they didn't like the way he ran the country, especially in the pandemic. Trump did nothing except to blame China. If you had any sense, you would realise that viruses can come from anywhere, break out from a completely different country to where the actual virus came from

• Any news on the guys in NY taking him to court for corruption and non payment of taxes?

The NY District Attorney and the Attorney General of the State of New York are both building step-by-step cases against the Trump organization and any individuals participating in the corruption and tax evasion that were central to their operation.

For anyone who still believes the former president is the victim of a “witch hunt,” consider this recent bckground:

The Trump University scam resulted in Trump settling out of court 2 weeks after being elected president, and paying its victims $25 million.

The Donald J Trump Foundation, shut down in 2019 by a court-ordered, court-supervised dissolution, was a cleverer scam. The same Attorney General of NY summed up the results this way:

“Not only has the Trump Foundation [been] shut down for its misconduct, but the president has been forced to pay $2 million for misusing charitable funds for his own political gain.”

Additionally, as part of the settlement, the former president was required to agree to 19 admissions, acknowledging his personal misuse of funds at the foundation and agreeing to restitution.

Back to the present: the Secretary of State of Georgia is legally pursuing the former president for election interference, after his infamous phone call pressuring the S of S to “find” enough additional votes to give him one vote more than the number of votes cast for the winner.

And then we are back to the tax evasion charges in New York, where this week saw the Trump organization’s CFO being questioned in the case, which has already been put in the hands of a Grand Jury.

• Can't say I condone Jan 6th, but if the Dems call that an uprising, then all had better hope this country will never see another civil war, and if the

Was that before you lost you senses of reason and logic?

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!

• Official Post

Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons

Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons
    Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly…
    www.cnn.com

• Very interesting that Bob Woodward, whose reputation for factual reporting was established in his Watergate days, has chosen Bob Costa, one of the most respected reporters of this decade, as his co-author. The inevitable screams of Fake News can be believed only by the most diehard cult followers of the former president.

I’ve ordered the book, which isn’t out until next week. Advance reviews indicate that former VP Pence is also outed as not exactly the steadfast defender of the Constitution before the 1/6 insurrection that he at first seemed.

• History will treat him well. Risked his career, reputation, and probably his life, to prevent actions by an unstable president whose political appointees would not invoke the 25th amendment to remove a mentally unstable president in possession of the nuclear codes, and whose senators twice prevented the other protection, impeachment.

The US has never experienced anything remotely close to this kind of perfidious “leadership.” We should feel national shame and NEVER let another Russian puppet find his way to the presidency.

• daniel , I’m sure your opinion will be widely shared on Fox, OAN, and Newsmax.

In other parts of the world, there are people who are relieved that the country could possibly have even one patriot willing to risk all in able to prevent world-threatening actions possibly ordered by an unstable president with the nuclear football.

Tragic that more who were in the position to apply the brakes weren’t courageous enough to stop him before the Big Lie was hatched.

One more thing: if this account is accurate, it is the second time in US History that a member of the administration of an unhinged president has taken the difficult decision to step up for the sake of the country.

• The Washington Post’s conservative writer Jennifer Rubin writes that General Milley’s revelation brings up 5 questions:

First, what guarantees must be put in place to prevent an unstable president from setting off a nuclear war? Milley is right that, as chairman of the joint chiefs, he is to be included in a decision to authorize a nuclear strike. Beyond that, Tom Nichols, a professor at the U.S. Naval War College, explains, “No one can countermand [a nuclear strike order from the president]. But the commander of STRATCOM could say ‘this is an illegal order and I am not bound to follow it.’” Nichols adds, “[The president] can then start relieving people until he gets to someone who will follow the order.” (This view was affirmed in a critical Senate hearing in 2017.) Plainly, an order to authorize a nuclear strike without provocation would violate the laws of war,which among other things require proportionality.

The better inquiry is whether the president should have unilateral power to launch a nuclear strike. While he is commander in chief, certainly a nuclear strike can be considered a declaration or an act of war, which only Congress can grant. Congress could pass a law requiring a congressional vote, which would at least slow down a rogue president and reinforce commanders’ inclination to resist such an order.

Second, why did Vice President Mike Pence and the Cabinet not invoke the 25th Amendment to relieve a president who was clearly unfit for office? The short answer is that they are cowards who could not bring themselves to uphold their oaths of office even to prevent potential nuclear obliteration. The more generous explanation is that they thought they could contain him. On this one, we plainly need some statutory authorization and guidance on the 25th Amendment to lay out step-by-step instructions for the vice president and the Cabinet. Given that a Democrat is in the White House, Republicans might actually go along with clarifying legislation that would, among other things, provide for a panel of medical doctors.

Third, how could former White House officials — including former chief of staff John F. Kelly, former national security adviser John Bolton, former secretary of state Rex Tillerson and former director of national intelligence Daniel Coats (among others) — not inform the country (before the election even) of the president’s unfitness for office? Again, the short answer is that they are cowards, or at least thought they would not be believed. It might not do any good, but Cabinet-level national security officials should have to affirm in their confirmation hearings that they will report to Congress if they suspect the president is not emotionally and mentally capable of performing his duties.

Fourth, how could Republican officeholders then and to this day pay homage to, take direction from and support for reelection someone who was clearly unstable? Well, we know they are cowards from their refusal to impeach him, efforts to block the Jan. 6 commission and continued reiteration of the “big lie" that the election was stolen. Their reticence to defend the country against an unconstitutional coup remains the most grotesque moral and political failure in memory.

Finally, why did the media consistently underplay President Donald Trump’s incoherence, and why do they still resist confronting Republicans about their blind loyalty to a crackpot? I do not have a good answer for that one. Perhaps they need to rethink their role. They are not custodians of the myth of moral equivalence between the parties. They are truth-tellers whose prime obligation is to democracy. They might start taking that obligation seriously, beginning with asking every Republican if the 2020 election was stolen, if the Jan. 6 insurrectionists were justified and how they could continue to heed the direction of someone whose lunacy has not abated since he lost the election.