Police brutality

There are 79 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 11,024 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• I am trying to be logical about this and not engage in the pitched war of ideologies that are corrupting opinions.

It’s a misdemeanor to disobey a police order. That said, I just don’t know how it goes from that to being shot. Reaching for a gun? That’s a serious concern for police in the U.S. but was that a factor in this case?

If you reach for anything or into your vehicle you are asking for trouble. I think whether he was shot in the back or not is unimportant. If someone reaches for a gun but has their back turned, they shouldn’t be stopped?

Having said all that, I don’t know how it gets from putting him out of action out of concern he is reaching for a gun to shooting him 7 times... unless you’re Robocop, of course.

I think this case needs more clarity but my reaction to it is it’s another example of the overzealous nature of policing in the States. The willingness to take things to this level is too evident, but I can also admit reaching inside your vehicle is a dumb move. We need more details about this, but it just seems so unnecessary. Policing in the u.s. needs reform badly.

• Do you think it makes any difference if you're black or white skinned?

If this had been a white man, for example, would he still have been shot seven times in the back with his kids watching from the back seat of the car in which he was shot?

If he had been a white man, he would have never walked away from an officer when instructed not to.

SUBSCRIBE Police scanner audio recorded on 23 Aug. 2020 in Kenosha, Wis. indicates a woman called 911 to report Jacob Blake was at her home and wasn’t supposed to be, and had stolen her keys. Responding police were made aware of Blake’s arrest warrant. Court records show a warrant was issued for a felony sex crime charge and more. Blake brawled with cops before reaching inside his car and was shot. He also has a history of assaulting police and violently resisting arrest. Blake survived the shooting but the incident has sparked mass BLM-inspired deadly violence in Kenosha

there's the full audio on you tube

Edited once, last by Mckenna: Merged a post created by Mckenna into this post. ().

• This 'stuff' has been going on for years in the US and noone outside the US really gives a stuff to be honest.

I guess there must be a US election coming soon? :rolleyes:

Considering the protest outside of the US following the death of George Floyd, I guess people do give a stuff. Their motivation for caring is more of the puzzle for me.

• Why is this a race issue????

Perhaps this can give some perspective:

Murder charges: Wisconsin authorities arrested Kyle Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old white Illinois resident, and charged him with first-degree intentional homicide in the shooting of two protesters on Tuesday. Rittenhouse had often posted on social media in support of the police and considered himself a militia member,” The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.

Black guy ignores police order to stay away from his car, and is shot in the back 7 times at point-blank range.

White guy travels to the Wisconsin protests, brandishes his AR-16, shoots into the crowd of protesters, killing two people. Police do not shoot him, but arrest him.

• Official Post

In one of the video clips, shot late Tuesday night, a law enforcement officer in an armored vehicle gives bottles of water to a group of armed men that includes Rittenhouse. The officer thanks the men for their help, though they are clearly civilians in violation of the city's 8 p.m. curfew.

“We appreciate you guys,” the officer says. “We really do.”

I had no idea that armed militias were allowed to openly roam the streets.

• Official Post

I had no idea that armed militias were allowed to openly roam the streets.

A friend from Idaho posted pictures that would make you think they were taken in Sarajevo.

It's white trash families (with kids and women) with ammos, flip flops, AK-46, freely walking down the street showing off their right to carry firearms. I would rush home if I crossed such a crowd, even if I am white and blonde.

• So, no more comments about the poor victim who turn out to have an active warrant for his arrest on sexual abuse felony charges?

The guy did not shoot into the crowd, he was rushed by protesters and shot and killed 2, one was stomping him to death and the other one had a pistol pointing at him when he was shot in the arm holding a pistol, btw all participants were white in this case.

When people want to go out and burn private property using any excuse , this is what happens, because they know their race card will save them.

Well apparently that card was played way too many times and not working anymore.

They tried that in Grayson Kentucky not too long ago, and boy were they in for a surprise, the whole town was waiting for them out on the streets armed to the teeth ,long story short, no protest or demonstration ever took place. they just....... left lol also the one behind the whole movement in Grayson was another convicted register sex offender .

Oh yes let's go ahead a defund the police and see how long it takes for these protests to turn into a real blood bath. The best thing that can happen to these clowns is to get arrested because if the people get fed up, there will be no god or lucifer that'll save them.

Rifles such AR16 don't exists

• Not everything Is about race, daniel , but this specific thread is about police brutality, which sometimes is committed less on white people.

The Kenosha, Wisconsin situation is one example.

The United States doesn’t have an exclusive on racism, but it does have more militarized police. If all of this serves to open eyes and minds, and to improve race relations, perhaps our police can become more evenhanded.

• In the 18th century the militias existed for working with the law to protect the citizens from your lot , Splinter . Hence our 2nd amendment. Now they are associated more with vigilantes and distrust of government (I’m sure @Mckenna can explain far better than I), and generally don’t roam the streets.

Wisconsin is an open-carry state; however, people under 18 cannot legally carry weapons openly in public.

The 17 year old vigilante had conversations with police before and after the shootings. He returned to his home state, and wasn’t arrested until the next day.

At this particular time in history, it seems that anything goes here in the Wild Wild West.