Corona Virus in Argentina

There are 521 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 64,775 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• On Saturday, Chile’s physicians advised that travel to Argentina was not advisable, due to the Omicron variant of the Coronavirus. Given Chile’s growing number of Covid-related hospitalizations, this warning was not exactly timely.

Are they right? And is there a similar risk to both countries?

Chile's physicians discourage traveling to Argentina due to Omicron
    Chile's Medical College said that the coronavirus situation in Argentina was “critical” as a result of the Omicron variant and advised against traveling to the…
    en.mercopress.com

• I can’t speak to the effectiveness of the Russian and Chinese vaccines offered in Argentina. But all over the US, people who have received 3 Pfizer or Moderna vaccines who do get breakthrough infections are not becoming hospitalized at the alarming rate of unvaccinated people.

• No idea, but I had my third jab yesterday (Pfizer) and I'm feeling pretty rough today. Still, it will pass by Friday and better than getting Covid.

After two Sputniks we got Astrazeneca for our third. The wife had the shivers that night whereas I had nothing worse than a dull pain around the injection area.

I can’t speak to the effectiveness of the Russian and Chinese vaccines offered in Argentina. But all over the US, people who have received 3 Pfizer or Moderna vaccines who do get breakthrough infections are not becoming hospitalized at the alarming rate of unvaccinated people.

The same everywhere thankfully.

Edited once, last by UK Man: Merged a post created by UK Man into this post. ().

• Official Post

Adri had a bit of a turn yesterday when she arrived at Tecnopolis for her booster jab. Her blood pressure went haywire, rising very quickly and then falling just as fast. She got a nose bleed and her legs gave way, so the medics looked after her until we arrived to take her to hospital where they took a blood sample, did a cardiogram and other tests.

It was a frightening experience for her brought on by stress and heat, but she feels much better today. We can't thank the staff and medics at Tecnopolis and the Olivos Maipu hospital enough for their really prompt action.

• Adri had a bit of a turn yesterday when she arrived at Tecnopolis for her booster jab. Her blood pressure went haywire, rising very quickly and then falling just as fast. She got a nose bleed and her legs gave way, so the medics looked after her until we arrived to take her to hospital where they took a blood sample, did a cardiogram and other tests.

It was a frightening experience for her brought on by stress and heat, but she feels much better today. We can't thank the staff and medics at Tecnopolis and the Olivos Maipu hospital enough for their really prompt action.

Sorry to hear that...must have been very upsetting for her. My missus was also affected by the heat yesterday whereas I wasn't....and I'm the one who hates it most. I'm not usually a big water drinker but I drank a hell of a lot of it yesterday.

• What a scary experience! So glad it happened before she was vaccinated instead of afterwards, or she might have forever thought it was a result.

Also glad she had gone to a medical facility for her shot, so help was at hand! Is she feeling back to normal today?

• We received two shots of Sinofarm in Argentina and two shots of Pfizer in the USA. NO reactions at all. All free of charge,

I noted that here in the USA many people refused to get vaccinated, Why?

Never received a reasonable answer.

• We received two shots of Sinofarm in Argentina and two shots of Pfizer in the USA. NO reactions at all. All free of charge,

I noted that here in the USA many people refused to get vaccinated, Why?

Never received a reasonable answer.

That’s because there IS no reasonable answer, Carlos . A relatively small number of people are not taking the vaccine for “religious reasons.” Then there are Anti-Vaxxers, who oppose all vaccinations, including those against childhood diseases. But the majority of those who reject coronavirus vaccination either do so for misguided political purposes or believe conspiracy theories perpetuated on the internet (the vaccine contains minuscule microchips that will allow the government to spy on you, etc.).

It is insane that a first-world nation, with abundant access to high-quality vaccines, has ruined its own chance of defeating the virus because it can’t reach the necessary percentage of vaccinated people. The US leads the world - - but this time, in number of infections, hospitalizations, and death.

• Official Post

On a weird tangent, I've just finished reading A Planet For The President (again) by Alistair Beaton published in 2004. It's a political satire in which the president's hawkish White House advisors convince him that the planet is overcrowded and the only solution is to wipe out the entire population except for Americans and some Canadians. This is done by vaccinating all Americans, then spraying the world with a deadly virus, but the problem is those who refuse to be vaccinated for all the reasons given above.

Naturally the plan doesn't unfold as intended...

• That’s because there IS no reasonable answer, Carlos . A relatively small number of people are not taking the vaccine for “religious reasons.” Then there are Anti-Vaxxers, who oppose all vaccinations, including those against childhood diseases. But the majority of those who reject coronavirus vaccination either do so for misguided political purposes or believe conspiracy theories perpetuated on the internet (the vaccine contains minuscule microchips that will allow the government to spy on you, etc.).

It is insane that a first-world nation, with abundant access to high-quality vaccines, has ruined its own chance of defeating the virus because it can’t reach the necessary percentage of vaccinated people. The US leads the world - - but this time, in number of infections, hospitalizations, and death.

It is time to also quit calling this a pandemic of the unvaxxed, as the Omicron variant, really doesn't care. Several in my immediate family, that have been fully vaccinated and some

have already had covid, have been infected or reinfected with the virus. Vaccines help, but do we really know and trust the the information about what these vaccines are doing

to our bodies.

• I beg to differ, daniel . Like you, we have known fully vaxxed people who got the virus, which will continue to circulate as long as there are unvaxxed people to spread it. The difference is that unvaccinated people who get infected are 70+ times more likely to land in the ICU and 11 times more likely to die. I’d take those odds any day.

And to the internet-popularized meme that we don’t know what the vaccine does to our bodies?? can many of the experts spreading that cliché say what any of the medicines they take for arthritis, asthma, or ulcers affect their bodies? Did your parents know what the smallpox vaccine would do to your body? Measles/mumps/rubella? Polio vaccine? On the other hand, while we will know more in the future about how Covid affects various organs, we already have hospitalization statistics to show us that the virus itself is terrible for the human body.

• I beg to differ, daniel . Like you, we have known fully vaxxed people who got the virus, which will continue to circulate as long as there are unvaxxed people to spread it. The difference is that unvaccinated people who get infected are 70+ times more likely to land in the ICU and 11 times more likely to die. I’d take those odds any day.

And to the internet-popularized meme that we don’t know what the vaccine does to our bodies?? can many of the experts spreading that cliché say what any of the medicines they take for arthritis, asthma, or ulcers affect their bodies? Did your parents know what the smallpox vaccine would do to your body? Measles/mumps/rubella? Polio vaccine? On the other hand, while we will know more in the future about how Covid affects various organs, we already have hospitalization statistics to show us that the virus itself is terrible for the human body.

I have already had three jabs, and each one was worse than the other, how many more is enough!!!!

• It is insane that a first-world nation, with abundant access to high-quality vaccines, has ruined its own chance of defeating the virus because it can’t reach the necessary percentage of vaccinated people. The US leads the world - - but this time, in number of infections, hospitalizations, and death.

It seems a weird thing. USA is certainly a First World country and people receive good education, and there are many which does no want to be vaccinated. In my country, Argentina

which is NOT a first world country, all the people, from the upper, mediun and lower classes wished to be vaccinated inmediately.