Future international flights

There are 458 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 60,607 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Hopefully you can be flexible with dates. I paid something like £1000 and £1100 for my last two return flights which I think remains about right with flexibility.

Whilst I'm at it, it's disappointing that BA have removed the non stop flights again. It makes such a difference.

And going off on a tangent, I watched a youtube video today of someone flying Air Europa from Madrid to Cordoba. I had no idea there were flights direct to Cordoba.

• Hopefully you can be flexible with dates. I paid something like £1000 and £1100 for my last two return flights which I think remains about right with flexibility.

Whilst I'm at it, it's disappointing that BA have removed the non stop flights again. It makes such a difference.

Yes having flexibility certainly helps. Flying BA no longer appeals to me until they resume a direct service. I prefer to fly Iberia to get the long haul sector over as quickly as possible. Their day flight to Ezeiza is the best. :thumbup:

• UK Man That's definitely my choice too. That's the way I went last time and likely my choice next time which is hopefully in a few weeks time. Oh! I just noticed you specified the day flight. I haven't taken that actually.

I took a day flight home from Kuala Lumpur once and I thought I'd like that. But with a kid booting the crap out of my seat all the way home it wasn't fun.
    I will try that Iberia flight though definitely.

• UK Man That's definitely my choice too. That's the way I went last time and likely my choice next time which is hopefully in a few weeks time. Oh! I just noticed you specified the day flight. I haven't taken that actually.

I took a day flight home from Kuala Lumpur once and I thought I'd like that. But with a kid booting the crap out of my seat all the way home it wasn't fun.
    I will try that Iberia flight though definitely.

We've used the day flight a few times. We always stay in Madrid before we fly it which means you don't have to get up early. So I find I can relax and enjoy the flight more. We arrange a taxi beforehand to pick us up and bring us home. By the time we arrive it's straight to bed at our normal bed time.

• Even back in the day when they branded themselves as the "World's Favourite Airline" it was a bit of a stretch. And in recent years they adopted a lot of budget airline policies about all kinds of things like weight, pre-departure sweets/towels etc all gone. Food is abysmal in economy long haul and missing in short haul. But that's most "big" airlines now to be fair. Nothing shaved off the price though as Splinter found out today.
    Now, that all said, I enjoyed my last 2 flights with them GRU-EZE and EZE-LHR.

• Its British Airways. I haven't flown them for years, too expensive for their codswallop food they serve. I know there probably isn't much of a choice to choose from where you're jetting off from

To be fair they're still pretty good or they'd have gone bust by now. As for flights from here to Europe there's plenty of choice.

And going off on a tangent, I watched a youtube video today of someone flying Air Europa from Madrid to Cordoba. I had no idea there were flights direct to Cordoba.

This flight has existed for some time but its only very recently that it is direct. It used to have a stopover in Asuncion in Paraguay.

• Even back in the day when they branded themselves as the "World's Favourite Airline" it was a bit of a stretch. And in recent years they adopted a lot of budget airline policies about all kinds of things like weight, pre-departure sweets/towels etc all gone. Food is abysmal in economy long haul and missing in short haul. But that's most "big" airlines now to be fair. Nothing shaved off the price though as Splinter found out today.
    Now, that all said, I enjoyed my last 2 flights with them GRU-EZE and EZE-LHR.

Truth be told back in the days before BA were privatised I remember walking off the flight at Glasgow from Heathrow a few times with a bundle of whisky miniatures given to me by the cabin crew. They used to do that to save you having to ask them for another. Flying back then was nowhere as cheap as it is now though. When the low cost carriers appeared on the scene they changed economy air travel forever. It meant everyone could now afford to fly. BA had no option but to change as even the business flyers were using the low cost carriers to save money.

You can still get the frills with BA you just have to pay extra for them.

• Food is abysmal in economy long haul and missing in short haul.

+1. I flew with BA on July/August 2023 and the food was such a disappointment. Provided that I ask for a vegan meal, the regular meal seemed even worse. I think vegan meals are even cheaper than regular ones, so they could put on a bit more effort.

My best meals were on LatAm pre-pandemics.