Corona virus

There are 1,240 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 197,662 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• I Just cannot see how thats gonna work....but ok, I didn't even believe it would last 2 weeks....

But hey, we cannot afford to loose another 0.001% of the population.....it would be repeating the Holocaust or the Rwanda killings.

• Official Post

Today I've already done 100kms - Olivos-Retiro-Martinez-San Isidro-Bella Vista-Olivos. I went through about five police checkpoints and the most bizarre of those was on Alcorta, Palermo where the Feds took nearly ten minutes to write down all the details on a clipboard from my permit and DNI which are both stuck to my windscreen which seemed to me to be a complete waste of everybody's time.

These police checkpoints are now just a hindrance and do no more than show us the police state that Argentina really is, obsessed with our identity.

• Today I've already done 100kms - Olivos-Retiro-Martinez-San Isidro-Bella Vista-Olivos. I went through about five police checkpoints and the most bizarre of those was on Alcorta, Palermo where the Feds took nearly ten minutes to write down all the details on a clipboard from my permit and DNI which are both stuck to my windscreen which seemed to me to be a complete waste of everybody's time.

These police checkpoints are now just a hindrance and do no more than show us the police state that Argentina really is, obsessed with our identity.

Perhaps i could culturally translate for you.....this is the argentine way to show how they can fuck with you just because they can, how ever.......when everything is obviously in order the delay means, you need to ask for a possible faster way to go thru since everything is in order and you admire their bravery and appreciate their sacrifice as you place 2 yaguaretes on top of the gas tank of your bike, don't forget to thank them as they are vital for our safety and how lucky we are to have them looking after us....... luckily it was only 10 minutes, believe me when i tell you i've been in that situation many times except the wait was way longer

• @JAN, I don't think they are planning to extend until the end of August, I think it's already locked in.

Like you, I have no idea how they will make it work but I guess it will have something to do with creating a facade of helping the poor and downtrodden. As the middle class gets increasingly restless, the government will attack them for ignoring the poor. In return, those in the villas will believe the government is on their side and carry on.

It's like the government has tuned out everything in the country that is not related to keeping people locked down. The economy? A symptom of the virus and how dare we be worried about that when people are dying. Then there's the security... a quick watch of any news show will tell you the increase in attacks, robberies, etc. Barely a peep from the government.

It's a shit show. To be fair, most countries are running their COVID-19 containment like a circus, but for some reason in Argentina I sense something insidious below the surface.

• Although I hope you aren’t right about that certain something insidious that could be lurking beneath the surface, I have to wonder how a Argentina, with 45 million people and fewer than 500 deaths from covid-19 in 4 months could possibly justify another 3 months of lockdown, unless there is a complete inferno inside the villas that the government knows is about to erupt into society at large.

• As usual we were stopped at the police road block when coming back from the countryside place on the main road back into town. When they started the roadblock all they wanted to do was check our ID cards and ask where we had been. Over the past couple of weeks however they've added some changes. A drive through shower of disinfectant spray was put in place and this evening we had a temperature gun pointed at us. The lovely female officer told me mine was 36c plus two bars which left me somewhat confused as I hadn't been in one bar never mind two!!

• Splinter and that is not an exemption.....guy have been touring around all the country doing exactly the same!

Slowly but surely the quarantine is falling apart anyway, so just hang in there!

Today there is car demonstrations all around country, just like the one in Tigre last week with 500+ cars.

"Caravana30m"

• As usual got stopped at the roadblock back into town yesterday. The wife who does the driving showed the ID cards then got the temp gun treatment. Just as we were about to be waved through the girl noticed me and shouted ''Oh the English speaker'' and gleefully ran round to zap me with it. Never got onformed of our temperature this time.

• As usual got stopped at the roadblock back into town yesterday. The wife who does the driving showed the ID cards then got the temp gun treatment. Just as we were about to be waved through the girl noticed me and shouted ''Oh the English speaker'' and gleefully ran round to zap me with it. Never got onformed of our temperature this time.

They had heavy road blocks here by me yesterday too.

I always think about this: imagine u get stopped and have fever..... which probably to 99% is not related to coronavirus, what happens?

We are really in a bad movie sorry!

Last week had temperature taken in carrefour, showed 31c, great!!!

• The Carrefour where we live has either abandoned the temperature gun or the bloke couldn't be bothered.

What I have noticed is that service in supermarkets is ten times more efficient than before the crisis began, even in Crappy Coto.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Because they limit the person's who gets in, only reason I think!

But next time u r shopping, think about this: by signing ur bill, they hand their pencil..... at same second every measurements taken to avoid contaminantion just go down the drain!!!

• Makes you wonder why we bother staying at home when you see photos like this.

As I recall, Boris Johnson made a big point of saying he would shake all possible hands and meet face-to-face with people, just as Alberto is doing.

Until Boris ended up in the ICU, and quickly got religion.

Cheer up - maybe Alberto will learn the hard way.

Splinter , do you recall the photo you posted of the Missouri swimming pool party with hundreds of people packed into the pool? This morning’s news included an item about the first positive covid-19 test result from that group of covid deniers.

• Photos like this are good, and the Cummings thing in the UK. It shows the one rule for you another for us mentality of these people. The layer of bullshit around the lockdown in Argentina is slipping and people are paying less attention to the rules. Yesterday in the few blocks around me it was like a regular Saturday.

I have strictly kept to the rules but next week I am off to a friends house for a drink.