In the garden

• I spotted a tiny mimosa for sale in Once. For 100 pesos, I brought it home hoping to smell the fresh yellow flowers on March 8.

On the bright side, the plant is healthy and growing like crazy. However, the variety sold in South America is called mimosa pudica, the flowers are purple and have no smell and it is sensitive to light and touch, meaning that its leaves closes and the branch go down if touched / in the dark.

• I spotted a tiny mimosa for sale in Once. For 100 pesos, I brought it home hoping to smell the fresh yellow flowers on March 8.

On the bright side, the plant is healthy and growing like crazy. However, the variety sold in South America is called mimosa pudica, the flowers are purple and have no smell and it is sensitive to light and touch, meaning that its leaves closes and the branch go down if touched / in the dark.

Have you got any recent pictures of the Mimosa serafina ?

Our Aloe Vera is flowering again in this warm weather.

• I have a bag of Sterlizia seeds, aka Flor del Pajaro or Ave del paraíso for share.

I have approximately half a kilo of seeds, collected from a plant last month. The seed can be planted in a pot / bottle and the plants grows over two meters if planted in the ground. It needs a lot of light and it is an outdoor plant.

According to the internet, it should be planted in Spring. However, if you pot it, you can do it all year long and transplant it in Spring.

Who is up for the challenge? I'd be happy if I had something like this in a year or two, but I don't have a garden so it would be a just for fun project.

UK Man , can you please let me know how big a seeder should be? Should I pick a small one and move it to a larger one as it grows? Or should I pick one already pick like in the picture, and patiently wait?

D_NQ_NP_741471-MLA45357874817_032021-O.jpg

flor-del-pajaro-strelitzia-reginae.jpg

My mimosa pudica made seeds (if anybody is interested, they're up for grab).

Fight the milanesa:!:

Edited once, last by serafina: Merged a post created by serafina into this post. ().

• I'll take all the seeds you can spare, especially the Bird of Paradise.

• I'll see you on Friday or Saturday - I'll coordinate via whatsapp. Do you want also passion fruit (Passiflora caerulea)? It has fruit falling, and they contain seeds. I can bring you the unbroken fruits and you can plant those. The seeds are jelly and I can't think of a way to preserve them except than keeping them in their natural 'womb' (shell) until they are planted.

I don't think this is the passiflora aedulis, but I have eaten the fruit and I am still alive. However, this year it is flavorless. This is a climber and grow easily. The stem is frail at the beginning, very tiny, but can grow rapidly in hot humid days (when it showers in summer it can grow 10 cm in two days!). More on passiflora caerulea here: http://tropical.theferns.info/…hp?id=Passiflora+caerulea

Passiflora_caerulea_HB_05230.jpg

• UK Man , can you please let me know how big a seeder should be? Should I pick a small one and move it to a larger one as it grows? Or should I pick one already pick like in the picture, and patiently wait?

We have a large one in the town garden which grows and flowers like mad. I've never gown them from seed. We just divide and transplant them.

WP-20181120-019.jpg