Ezeiza facilities

There are 12 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 4,378 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• I am flying back to the UK in May so will be spending some hours in Ezeiza before my flight.

While I know what's available in arrivals (McDonalds, shops, cafes, Hard Rock, etc.), I just can't remember what they have in departures. All I remember is the large Duty Free store. Is there anywhere in departures to have a drink or something to eat?

• Which airline are you using?

Norwegian. Timed the purchase perfectly, paid £535. National Express return to Cardiff for £30 and a hotel there 8 days (Radisson Blu) for £550. I couldn't believe I managed to get home and back with a hotel for over a week for £1100.

By the way (This is not for you necessarily UK Man because I know your needs are different), but if you ever book with Norwegian there are some things worth remembering. Firstly they charge you more for a hold bag and a meal. I could take or leave the meal so I don't make this bag/meal purchase for £50 each leg during the booking. I also don't pay the £25 charge each leg to reserve a seat. Instead I make the booking and then amend it once it is confirmed. If you don't need a meal like me, the charge for a hold bag drops to £35 each leg instead of £50. The seat reservation becomes free once the booking is made, so that is a crafty way for Norwegian to make easy 50 quids off people.

• Official Post

I flew Norwegian and found it much cheaper than Iberia but about the same price as BA.

I paid US$780, including meals, a carry on (max 10Kg) and a suitcase (max 20Kg). Ticket breakdown attached, for information.

The flight was excellent in the new 787 Dreamliner and on both legs I chose the emergency exit seats for the legroom. The in-flight entertainment and refreshment system is ultra modern. If you want a drink or a bite, you order on screen, swipe your card and the crew bring it to you. It's expensive though at $3 per coffee. Best to take your own grub really.

The only drawback is landing at 0330 at Gatwick, so my brother stayed at a hotel in Crawley the night before. Also, Heathrow is much easier to get to and you avoid a lot of the M25, which is congested most of the time.

I would have chosen BA, but the planes are ancient Boeing 777s which are cramped and need upgrading.

On the return trip I was 5 kg over due to the amount of loot I was bringing, but I managed to charm the check-in girl to only charge me for 2kg, about £19, which was a fair deal and well worth it.

Ezeiza seems a little more efficient and I sailed through customs, as I've already mentioned. Adri and I call that The Ezeiza Moment, because we've done it so many times now.

Distance really does make the heart beat faster.

• On my previous trip back to Argentina, which was also with Norwegian, I was over the limit on two bags by several kilos. The check-in lady didn't charge me for them.

As for pricing against BA, I have found Norwegian is far more consistent with their pricing. Your never going to pay much more than £900 for a trip. BA can offer those kinds of prices, but you usually have to time the purchase excellently. For example, you can fly with BA in May for around £650 at the moment, but if you book other times you can pay north of £1000.

I know UK Man cannot get to his home as easily by flying Norwegian so the airline isn't for him. But for me, I can, and until I have an awful experience I now have an alternative which is nice. I am sure I will use BA again for the convenience of Heathrow and the free bar on-board, but having Norwegian as an option is welcome. Splinter , I also liked the plane.

• Yeah if you're only going as far as London and departure/arrival times suit then Norwegian would be fine. Although their fares haven't been that much cheaper than the competition whenever I've looked. Still prefer Iberia over BA.

To be honest it's such a long journey I keep putting off going back to the UK. Especially as once there you have to do it all again just to come back here. :D

• Official Post

To be honest it's such a long journey I keep putting off going back to the UK. Especially as once there you have to do it all again just to come back here. :D

My feelings exactly.

Those thirteen hours just seem to get longer each time. The outbound isn't too bad because it's all really exciting, especially since you know you're going home.

On the other hand, once your time is up and you hanker for your own bed once again, the return flight is torture.

There's a paradox there too. It's lovely to go home to Britain, but it's also nice to come back to BA. The concept of home for an expat is quite amorphous, really.

• It's also a hassle for us preparing everything just to go away especially sorting out the looking after of the dogs. I was going to travel myself this year just for the sake of having a break away from here but haven't got around to it yet.

Maybe do it later in the year.