Argentina elections 2019

There are 651 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 129,109 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Official Post

<p><woltlab-metacode data-name="user" data-attributes="WzE0Ml0=">JAN</woltlab-metacode>, you make me laugh so much! <br>I can’t really figure out how things work here and I have been here five years already. <br>Everybody complains about it hardship of living here, then they go to Miami to shop, to NY to watch Christmas decorations, to Europe on trips...</p>
    <p><br></p>
    <p>I was watching for places to rent for summer, and a simple cabaña is around 1,000-1,500 USD per month. I understand that maybe two families sharing bunk beds can afford that, but for the two of us, spending for a basic home on La Costa the same you’d spend to rent a fancy apartment in Capital is mind boggling.
    With a daily rate the same as an apartment in any European capital city (except maybe London and Paris), it is really hard to believe those prices.

But apparently there are Argentines spending that amount of money on vacation. They aren’t certainly not North American or European tourists those vacationing in Mar del Tuyú.</p>
    <p><br></p>
    <p><br></p>
    <p>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk</p>

• serafina

or to make it more clear to the stupid expat:

People should be guaranteed meat at a fair price, (low), and producers should be guaranteed a fair price, (high).......and let's not forget the camineros, who also deserves a fair share, (high), for their hard work.

You cannot expect people to accept to live under windy conditions on top of a mountain, or people getting soaked, when they are dancing in the rain.......is that so hard to comprehend?

Just a little fairness!!!!

• is it just me or has CFK gained a lot weight......? Her face looks totally pumped up.....

Or maybe she is pregnant and there is a new Maximo or Florencia underway

<X

• exactly.......so the merger with Alberto is to 100%......

<X<X<X<X<X<X

And maybe we are lucky......can be twins or even more......looking forward to see the face hahaha

Seriously......if she would give birth, she would be guaranteed NEVER EVER, no matter what, to go to jail!!!!

Ohhh man, I'm losing appetite by reading my own posts...... hahahaha

• Now MM wanna propose a law firm stricter gun laws, prohibition "armas de Guerra"..........which was already banned some decades ago, (AR15, assault style rifles). This types of guns only allowed with a special decree, and the existing was grandfathered back in time. So basically it's already banned new acquisitions. The decree he propose is to ban any weapon that can penetrate armour!!!!!! Thanks basically any, except maybe caliber 22. The guy is totally desperate and this for will not have a positive effect on his numbers!!!!!

The gun laws in Argentina is nothing close to USA, though not as strict as many European countries....... but, in many European countries your are still allowed semi automatic rifles like AR15.

As a Scandinavian hillbilly, I just find his proposed law absolutely stupid!!!

The argumentation is to fight narco traffic and narco armour.........which is close to none related to the quite well regulated gun laws in the country.

Again, u can't compared it to the USA situation, where u have states allowing guns to be traded without any type of background checks, papers or whatever......it's not the case here!!!!!

The argumentation always ends with....."who needs an AR15 , no one in princip"..........just like no one need a luxury car with 300 HP, 10 pairs of shoes or whatever.......

• While I abhor gun violence and wish that the US Congress would develop the backbone to pass meaningful gun legislation, I have to admit that when it comes to Argentina, I am baffled by Mr. Macri's raising the topic at this particular time. A week before the election, there are more immediate, very serious problems here that need to be addressed. If he is trying to distract from theses problems, I don't think pointing to gun laws is an effective way to do that.

• its totally dumb.......like a shot in the foot!!!!!

I would bet, a lot of his voters are law abide gun owners maybe, and would not understand why to propose something like that......and exactly now.

We need to differ between the regulated gun owners, fulfilling any law requirement and then the illegal gun owners.

My guess would be that his voters would mainly be in the first group!!!!