Argentina elections 2019

There are 651 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 127,627 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• The wildly dropping peso exchange rate immediately after the PASO results came in couldn’t reasonably be read as a reaction to the economic policy of the current administration. The timing of the collapse points to the complete lack of confidence the rest of the world has in Cristina & Cronies.

Indeed.....

A 4 year term is just not long enough to sort this country out....unless you resort to using methods just to keep voters happy....which I bet he now wishes he did. We all know all that does it put you in even deeper shit. Sorry for being so negative but I see little changing in the future, certainly not in our lifetime.

• The wildly dropping peso exchange rate immediately after the PASO results came in couldn’t reasonably be read as a reaction to the economic policy of the current administration. The timing of the collapse points to the complete lack of confidence the rest of the world has in Cristina & Cronies.

Esepcially as analysts and economists outside Argentina are saying it's precisely because the world has no confidence in CFK. However, in the Argentine bubble many believe the crap trotted out by Fernandez. I understand the politicians, they have something to gain from lying, but the belief of the Argentine people in those lies shows ignorance and frankly embarrases them.

• Somebody just told me about plan B.......If MM step down, there is space for Lavagna to compete with F+F directly in the final election in October!!!!! Not my wishful constellation, but for sure better alternative as the eternal kkukas!!!! (Keep in mind, she can run 2 times, then Maximo, then another idiot..... basically I'm gonna die before the misery would stop!)

Plan B would also entitle me to a bottle of wine!!!!! :P

• Official Post

Esepcially as analysts and economists outside Argentina are saying it's precisely because the world has no confidence in CFK. However, in the Argentine bubble many believe the crap trotted out by Fernandez. I understand the politicians, they have something to gain from lying, but the belief of the Argentine people in those lies shows ignorance and frankly embarrases them.

Oh yes! There are some foreigners here that believe the outside world is trying to manipulate the media to discredit Argentinian economy, because they are 'friend of Mauri'. They are conspiring to ditch the peronism, while the peronism will provide us salvation.

They literally write that what happened in the stock exchange in the last two days is a sign of HOPE for Argentina.

WTF?!

• Official Post

I've just had to suffer four nights of TN political argument, where the bias is clearly skewed. Last night after about 30 minutes of Leuco The Younger rabbiting on like a freight train, I couldn't bear the showmanship any longer.

Adri likes to watch this stuff because well, she's Argentine. I think they have this awful habit of hyping up the viewers into a state of frothing at the mouth and all that drama.

Independent and objective journalism in Argentina doesn't exist.

Anyway, today is Friday, so I can avoid all that and light a fire for choripan instead. It's good for the soul.

• I've just had to suffer four nights of TN political argument, where the bias is clearly skewed. Last night after about 30 minutes of Leuco The Younger rabbiting on like a freight train, I couldn't bear the showmanship any longer.

Adri likes to watch this stuff because well, she's Argentine. I think they have this awful habit of hyping up the viewers into a state of frothing at the mouth and all that drama.

Anyway, today is Friday, so I can avoid all that and light a fire for choripan instead. It's good for the soul.

Do you think this love of histrionics is why Argentine cable services have contracts with Fox News instead of a more respectable, less dramatic American news channel?

Choripan sounds like a perfect cold friday night food. Our friday food is pizza, and I'm counting down.

• I've just had to suffer four nights of TN political argument, where the bias is clearly skewed. Last night after about 30 minutes of Leuco The Younger rabbiting on like a freight train, I couldn't bear the showmanship any longer.

You must have been bored if you were watching that. I'd rather go pooper scooping in the garden. ^^

• Ohhh shit......reminds me of those puppets that was brought out back in time...... still for sale in some shops!!!

Back in time she was a quite classy and good-looking lady.....but looking at her now, reminds me really of a Botox witch!

It funny to see how many teeeeeerrible bad Botox and facial rehauls people have gone under......just taking a walk around av. santa Fe u will see plentiful.

How can anybody really do that freely????

Another totally muppet to look at, (to me), is pichetto......he really opted for the full facial skin pull, nearly making him look Chinese........

To me it's totally disturbing to watch someone with a facial......I just cannot take them serious and listen to them.

Also the ones having eyebrows pulled upwards so it looks like they are surprised 24/7........hahahaha.....

• Official Post

Question: in this economy, who are all these people with money to burn on cosmetic surgery?

We were just discussing this at home over Sunday lunch.

My husband is giving classes to an Argentinian physician who told him, as an anecdote, that one of her grandmother never threw away leftovers.

Since she is going to visit her relatives in Italy soon, my husband advised her to not throw any food or leftovers when she is at their place , since this is considered rude and inconsiderate (after all, you are throwing in the bin their hard-earned money!).

This was one of the things that surprised me the most in Argentina - people (doing far worse than me) throwing away food. They sit in La Farola or other place, order a giant junk food, and leave half in the plate (especially kids too). Lately I have been observing more people asking for a doggy bag to bring the leftovers home, but will they eat them?

At my in-law's, things usually get abandoned in the fridge until they are no longer edible.

My husband's grandfather explained me that in Argentina nobody ever suffered of hunger, so they simply threw away the excess. In fact, rumors has it that a lot of Italian recipes were (terribly) altered here because hungry immigrants loaded traditional dishes with the over abundant and cheap meat and cheese available here. Truth or tale, it is true that here people who are claiming to be doing worse than in Europe are more careless about food.

And food is just one cost item in a family bill - then there is AC on even when people are not at home, lights on even during day, ready-made food being ordered every night, drinking beer when eating out (it costs twice as much as in the supermarket and it is the same Quilmes).

I'd say that spending is not a skill most Argentine excel in. So I guess that plastic surgery trumps a lot of other things we would consider more important.

• The wasting of electricity through AC and heat must be the result of all those years of gov’t subsidies. If it’s free, people don’t care. And now the waste is an ingrained habit, even though they must pay.

People buy apartments and new cars as a hedge against inflation. Maybe a new face is considered an inflation hedge too!