ATMs without cash this weekend

There are 8 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,707 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

I wonder if it will be possible to exchange foreign currency for pesos at supermarkets.

At Coto they do accept USD and EUR, and note the applied exchange rate at the cashier. However, I do not understand if this is just for bills used to buy stuff or if you can actually change the bills.

Might buy one bon-o-bon with a Ben and see how it goes... :)

I am still unbanked and I do not see the advantage of being banked in Argentina: you cannot get your money out, your saving are at their disposal (i.e. converted overnight from USD to ARS), to get payments from abroad you have to fill in forms, to get payments from clients abroad you have to present invoices...

Many things that are 'untouchable' my the government abroad are very volatile and subjective in Argentina. If even this government is able to bring banking to normal, there is no guarantee that the next government will revert things. It is really fucked.

• Yep, I have been here 7 years and have never once considered banking here.

• New Orleans banks are also closed for the 4-day Mardi Gras weekend. But I can guarantee you that they will not run out of money before reopening on Wednesday. Perhaps the banks in Argentina need to charge higher fees, to incentivize them to provide better customer service?