Future international flights

There are 458 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 60,578 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• serafina , as you know, our EZE - US luggage is legendary in its contents. But our empty bags do weigh 4+ kg each. What brand is your 2kg luggage, and is it well made, to last being repeatedly packed to the teeth?

Mine is not branded. I got two (one medium checked, one cabin) in a rundown mall Abu Dhabi for 60 USD and probably came from India. They aren't as sturdy as the fancy ones, but I don't travel much and I don't care if they get a bump or two. They are just item holders!

One thing I don't like much is that the lock is not very sturdy. It is just a combination. And anyone with a knife could tear along the zip. You can use a TSA strap lock for extra hold. I always forget to put on mine, though!

71999GcJMuL._AC_SL1270_.jpg

My set looks like these white ones below, more or less. The ones in the picture below are available on Amazon.com for 134 USD (the set of three). I don't remember the exact weight of mine, I didn't pay much attention when I bought them as I bought them for the look/different kind compared to my old-style extra-sturdy and heavy Samsonite.

My mom gave me that Samsonite for my 19th birthday. It was meant for medium-range trips in Europe. Since moving to Argentina, I got to know the pleasure of larger bags. I didn't buy the largest bag (28") because I wasn't sure it was fit for Europe-Argentina flights. I know that in Asia they have a larger allowance in terms of baggage weight and size. I don't need more volume, as I can pack very tightly. My concern is always the weight.

71GXKZi+9yL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• I had to google that. If it is a "nugget" cover, I am happy for you if you wear a XXL.

I've been told custom officers don't know a sporran is used for carrying 'stuff' so they never ask the wearer what they've got in it especially if they're female custom offcers!! ^^

I don't have one but a Medium size would probably do me. :whistling:

• Not so much the subsidies , aficionado . They keep throwing money at a loss making operation who have a pile of Campora guys in exec positions , getting big salaries and doing feek all.

With no government money FlyBondi and JetSmart make money.

Aerolineas Argentinas should be told to operate under the saem rules.

• Not so much the subsidies , aficionado . They keep throwing money at a loss making operation who have a pile of Campora guys in exec positions , getting big salaries and doing feek all.

With no government money FlyBondi and JetSmart make money.

Aerolineas Argentinas should be told to operate under the saem rules.

Indeed and the rail network is run along similar lines.....a f'ing joke.

• Right, plus they were allowed to lose money on domestic routes instead of charging the same amount as LATAM full service, which eventually forced LATAM to leave. Now at least FlyBondi and JetSmart are growing under the low cost model, but still no codeshare for domestic routes that connect to the world, except for Aerolíneas at the moment. The other two will partner with international operators to create codeshare options, but still it is a 4-5-6 year setback.

• The rail network was destRoyed bcause the lorry drivers union asked the government to do so.

As there is no competition , the lorry drivers can charge whatever they want.

A mate who imports some stuff from Europe tells me he pays about 3,500 USD to bring 20 ft container from Europe to BsAs. But it costs him double that to take the container to his warehouse in the middle of the country.

I have been unable to check this out , but can certainly belive it.

• Another reason for high inflation. It's the customer who ends up paying.

• Apparently it was flying full.

But nobody was paying.

It was all staff on deeply discounted tickets.

Indeed....even British Airways operated like that in the last century. Their staff were on very generous pay and conditions under Government ownership. When the low cost carriers appeared on the scene the party was over.