Posts by aficionado

One of the big problems in the public University system is the number of people who are gettng salaries every month and have never worked a day in any of the Universities.

I know this is the exact rhetoric used discussing many government funded organizations. I believe the K’s La Cámpora funnel their people into jobs that they do not deserve or are unneeded at Aerolíneas Airlines and others. Those are easier to grow low-skill young workers, some who eventually become entrenched in unneeded management positions. All they need to do is show allegiance to the party. Same for the corrupt political party system that doles out city/town/municipal jobs only to their constituents.

The University system is more essential to the future of the country, and also not at that level of corruption. Yes, there is definitely a lopsided number of educators and other workers who blindly follow the K side. Though it is not for unearned jobs. The jobs are competitive and awarded through open committee meeting after publication of each available position.

The University is required to educate the future STEM, agriculture, business, and yeah culture and arts students who are all the ones needed to become the innovators when/if real investment ever arrives to this country. Public educators at primary, secondary and university level are underpaid everywhere in the world and still always under attack because it is difficult for some people to believe in long term investments.

One of the big problems in the public University system is the number of people who are gettng salaries every month and have never worked a day in any of the Universities.

And whe they refuse to be audited , you really have to wonder why.

I do not believe this, or it is greatly exaggerated. For the professors it is obviously not a 9-5 job, instead it is N number of classes per week plus a few mandatory office hours. For administrative positions I imagine there is some flexibility as modern internet connection 24 hours per day enables some work to happen without being chained to the desk.

Yes I know that the Not Audited topic has been tossed into the public news in the past weeks. It is a valid point, though sounds to me as a new negotiation tactic and something tossed to the wolves on social media. I imagine the Universities have their autonomy set at some level, either as a group and/or individually. The idea of Presidential appointed bureaucrats micromanaging independent bodies is worse than the inefficient bureaucrats, which might exist, inside the university system.

Anyway, I still treat them as a savoury dish

I always appreciate any recipe that someone mixes up. Still for some reason I also only use avocado as a savoury side. Quartered or big chucks with salt and lemon is my most common way to prepare. Then eat just like that, or as another side to an eggs with whatever breakfast, on top of toast, spread into a sandwich, or mixed in with a green salad.

First time I've ever heard this incredible ensemble

He released a new album this month. To follow the previous months Guitar Hero ensemble

The Boy EP - Record Store Day 2024 - Mark Knopfler
    Mark Knopfler will release a new EP titled The Boy on 20th April as part of Record Store Day 2024.
    www.markknopfler.com

Mark Knopfler Releases New Solo Album 'One Deep River' (Listen)
    'One Deep River,' the 10th studio solo album from Mark Knopfler, is available in full today, April 12.
    rockcellarmagazine.com

From your list, aficionado , I see that flour in Argentina now costs more than in the US. That has to be really hard on families, especially after the price control on bread has been lifted.

This might be premium compared to supermarket prices. Organic and stoneground. Still, these prices convert to 0.60-0.80 U$D per pound (0.5kg). I do not recall what supermarket flours cost in US. Here is one 2.7kg of organic in US

Mr. Trump had tried to gin up something noisier. Shortly after 7 a.m., he posted on his social media website that “America Loving Protesters should be allowed to protest at the front steps of Courthouses” and he followed this lament with a call for his supporters to “GO OUT AND PEACEFULLY PROTEST. RALLY BEHIND MAGA. SAVE OUR COUNTRY!”

The Circus Trump Wanted Outside His Trial Hasn’t Arrived (Gift Article)
    With support from demonstrators in Lower Manhattan spotty so far, Donald Trump issued a call to “rally behind MAGA,” and suggested the poor turnout was a…
    www.nytimes.com

I wonder if the flours in the US also have the magical properties of the flours in Argentina!

This is the April list I was just given by a farm and flour mill in Tandil. Organic whole wheats. Their name had been mentioned in a recent news article interview of a popular Sourdough bread baker.

Harina Integral Clásica (Molienda en piedras de granito)

- Trigo x 5 Kg = $5.500

- Trigo x 2 Kg = $2.500

- Centeno x 5 Kg = $7.500

- Centeno x 2 Kg = $3.500

Harina Semi Integral (Molienda en piedras de granito)

- Trigo x 5 Kg = $6.000

- Trigo x 2 Kg = $3.000

Harina de Fuerza (Molienda en Piedras de granito)

-Trigo x 5 kg= $7.000

-Trigo x 2 kg= $3.500

Harina Extra Fina (Molienda a Martillo)

- Trigo x 5 Kg = $5.000

- Trigo x 2 Kg = $2.300

- Centeno x 5 Kg = $6.500

- Centeno x 2 Kg = $3.000

I’m surprised that the recipe calls for adding the yeast and salt to the water at the same time, as salt impedes the activation of yeast. But I’ll try it as written.

My past understanding is that salt does slow down fermentation, which is what is wanted for a long fermentation. So I figure that is fine for the recipes I follow asking for at least 12-18hr ferments. I continue knowing that there are many variables including several which are very difficult to control every time.

Use the Google book preview to jump to Page 40-41. It is a terrible UI to jump to a page, but eventually it is possibly. That is what is open on my counter today. This is the same author as the Dutch oven recipe Serafina posted above. https://books.google.com/books…rmentation%20salt&f=false

aficionado, I was just reading this very article, and wondering where all this will lead. (Chilling visual image of the children “enjoying a day at the beach” with elephant seal carcasses nearby.)

Avoiding the beaches is not a great option, or avoiding the parks where there are also wild geese and other wild birds who transmitted to the farmed chickens. Just need to live normally while being more aware.

But Easter happened with the festival of Passover, so why the split from that I don't know

“Today, the Jewish calendar and the timing of holidays like Passover are set in accordance with the lunar calendar, while most of the rest of the world uses the Gregorian calendar that is based off the sun, said Josh Dorsch, Associate Rabbi at Beth El Synagogue Center in New Rochelle, New York.

Why is Easter so Early and Passover So Late in 2016?
    It all depends on which calendar you use.
    patch.com

Passover used to be around the same time as Easter, but they changed it, because, not my word, they don't want to be associated with chocolate eggs

No one changed the date. For the similar reasons that Carnival, Easter, Chinese new year, and the many other religious holidays which change every year, is they use a different calendar.

“Both holidays are supposed to fall on, or near, a full moon in the spring. Passover always begins on the 15th day of the Hebrew month of Nisan. Because the Hebrew months are pegged directly to the lunar cycle, the 15th day of Nisan is always a full moon.“…about 15 percent of the time, the two holidays actually occur a month apart.

[2019]https://www.theatlantic.com/sc…sover-always-line/587572/

Paywall free archive