The Misery Index...Venezuela and Argentina come first and second.

There are 50 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 8,786 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• the downfall of Venezuela started with the oil dumping.....so round 10 years! Venezuela was not referred to as being in a dictatorship before, even under Chavez. Chavez was a widely beloved and supported leader......supported by the same that live today....not 100 years ago!

The ignorance of the people themselves are to blame....

Nobody but themselves are to blame sorry!!!!!

As one of the richest countries in the world in natural resources, you have a responsibility yourself to behave like a grown-up!!!!

Pulling the guilt card is so incredibly cheap.

As I already said: the situation now is clear!

Anyway, don't expect other to sort out your mess.....

If you want a change, YOU yourself need to start that change......with whatever measures is necessary!!!

Anyway when I see the faces of many Venezuelanos, they remind me of the faces of Arabs......sorry.....

And again I ask: who's to blame and who should change Venezuela? The Pope, Superman, spiderman or who?

It's the same attitude as here.....

I can already see the people crying of the disaster, cfk again robbing the country and driving it against the wall.......and at the end, no one voted for her and the 🤡.....it was someone else that made it happen!

• It's the same attitude as here.....

I can already see the people crying of the disaster, cfk again robbing the country and driving it against the wall.......and at the end, no one voted for her and the 🤡.....it was someone else that made it happen!

Yes I suspect there's some truth in all of what you say. The last part quoted is what bothers me the most to be honest. If she's quilty of doing all she's accused of, the fact she's now Vice President is farcical. Even worse is that your average Argentine sees nothing wrong with it. Is it any wonder the country's totally *ucked?

In a way I'm glad Macri didn't win as I suspect trouble could have been whipped up if he had.

• You do like to make sweeping generalisations, Jan.

By your logic, all the faults of all the countries in the world are faults of their respective citizens, no matter who actually runs the countries.

A narrow majority voted Macri in 2015 and look how that ended up? The people's fault no doubt.

Yes Splinter .......

I like to generalize......but I'm not generalizing about a poor African country with no resources....... both Venezuela and Argentina had/have in excess of what many developed countries have......but it's still not enough for them to prosper!

So what do they need, tell me?

Who should do what for them?

And to continue the generalization.....it's amazing how many south and middle American countries are similar in many things......

Just like I could generalize about Denmark, sweden, Norway, Finland......all totally different in wealth, resources, history and and and, but still very similar!

And again: I'm still waiting for your response to HOW to solve problems of Venezuela.....

Maybe send in some German engineers to work for free and then stuff the money in to the poor peoples mouths.....

• but still nobody responsible ......

As I said many years: Argentina needs a parole officer!!!! Only solution!

And Venezuela also.....

• Would be funny to see or?

And then a huge German with Arnold Schwarzenegger accent speaking spanish.... hahaha

Anyway, Germany rose from having basically nothing left after WW2.....zero, schratch

Argentina would be an easy peacy job!

• @JAN - You seem to have very fixed ideas about what has happened there . If you have visited a couple of times maybe you could share this with us. If your only contact is with people from here or from reading the press , maybe your ideas are a little skewed . Your views are based on personal experience or just what you read and see about you?

• GlasgowJohn ..........

Why not do it the other way around, you explain me what have happened and what is happening there....?????

I will then totally ignore any gathered facts from Google searches, news and and and......

I'm appreciating your thoughtful and still secret secret truth behind VENEZUELA.

• I have never been to Japan, but I know what happened in that country during WWII. Every nuance and detail no, but then no debate could ever be had if one must have visited a country to talk about it with any degree of authority. Having visited or not is irrevlent.

I bet there are plenty of Argentine people who were born here and never left the country who know less about what's is going on than some people who have never visited Argentina.

That said, I think both Jan and Splinter are correct. Problems of most democratic countries can be charted back to the people because ultimately they set the ball rolling with a vote. However, there's no doubt people can be sold a lie and don't come with crystal balls to see what a government will eventually become. That's what makes the case here so interesting because people know what the new govnerment is and what it will do, but voted it back in regardless.