Dec 10, 2019 - Alberto Fernandez takes on the Presidency - Safety in Microcentro?

There are 81 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 14,467 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• come guys......U really think that guy has anything to pull???

The Peronists, and their head, cfk is one huge mafia....they have been in charge since 20 years!!!! Don't make me put another bet on the table.....with even better odds for u, say 2:1 for u.....I give u 2 bottles scotch if I'm wrong, u give me one if I'm right.....ok?

U can not seriously believe Alberto will get rid of someone.......are u drunk at noon or what????

• Official Post

come guys......U really think that guy has anything to pull???

The Peronists, and their head, cfk is one huge mafia....they have been in charge since 20 years!!!! Don't make me put another bet on the table.....with even better odds for u, say 2:1 for u.....I give u 2 bottles scotch if I'm wrong, u give me one if I'm right.....ok?

U can not seriously believe Alberto will get rid of someone.......are u drunk at noon or what????

In my view, the Peronists are the historical political force behind this country. The KKs are a spin-off from an extremist fringe of the original Peronist party, but far from the original idea behind it. I am pretty sure that not all Peronists love Cristina and have accepted and tolerated her only because they had not alternative. In a sense, the moderate Peronists have been overwhelmed by the KK's fringe, just as the moderate right has been taken over by full swing extreme right-ist politicians recently.

In the past, the most extremist fringe was always a minority, whereas now they have a larger follows because of mass media - they can swerve the most gullible electorate with provoking posts and images. Remember that in old times, politics was done on newspapers, with lengthy articles, and translated in real life only for a few by the means of local offices of political parties. There you could try to amp up things, but you needed to get the people to the party's local office first.

Right now, we all have (fake or true) information at our fingertip, in the form of powerful imagery with a short caption, purposefully devised to provoke very strong feelings. If you look at more extremist people's profile on FB, they do not have length and reasoned posts. Instead, they just share a picture (immigrants, badly maintained roads, face of political adversary) with a short caption ("Italians first!", "This is Rome with Mayor Raggi. Raggi go home NOW!", " 'We have to fight tax evasion', said Mr. X, then his father has accounts in Panama unknown to the Tax authority. Start from home, Mr. X!'"

These techniques can manipulate many more voters, who do not go beyond it and take them as they came, forward them, and propagate them.

In other words, social media have made available to manipulation an ocean of gullible people whose vote count.

• Your observation is right to the point, serafina. This situation has skewed elections all over the world. Many voters now are less interested in learning the facts than in reading short posts that confirm what they already think.

Facebook has greatly contributed to this problem from the start. Now they are openly accepting advertising that carries false messages, propaganda and outright lies, a policy they justify with a shrug, saying they are not responsible for fact-checking.

Too busy, presumably, counting the money from their laughing advertisers.

• i always argue, I really believe the argies use very little time doing a neutral search on stuff........U have doctors(!) here that pretend to be knowledgeable, but haven't event googled what they argue about!!!

I could give SELF CRITIC examples.....I posted the new security minister is not considering Hezbollah a terror organization.... actually Germany neither, (only the extreme)! I posted a TIME cover.... actually a fake, (I edited it afterwards!)

Here the people don't do the effort.....good example: where did the debt come from by Macri? It was in great, rollover of OLD DEBT, NOT NEW DEBT!!!!

People still believe Macri took totally new debt, because Argentina was debt free 4 years ago!!!! Absolutely bollocks!!!!

• UK Man ......accept my bet then!!!!!!

All HER cronies are there, not the cronies of Alberto......!!!!!

I know, like serafina pointed out, peronism is older than her, but, the last 20 years SHE was the queen, Alberto was an unimportant side player.

With the queen they know they will get their part, with Alberto, they don't know!!!!! She and her goons will be running argenzuela before you will know......

Unless u agree, take my bet :D8o8o8o