What's for lunch/dinner today?

There are 933 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 108,336 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• I get on well with my MIL, she lives around 15 blocks away and we don't get in each other's pockets, but I know that she would never presume to invite her relatives just like that. Or at least it would be put to a committee meeting first.

Christmas was bad enough with people we didn't know at all.

Well indeed....MIL has form when it comes to inviting people for food as long as she doesn't have to prepare it.

To be fair she had suggested if we didn't want to make BBQ we could invite them to eat out somewhere. However as she hasn't a clue about inflation and current prices the wife said no. As there's no way they would contribute to the bill despite there being a chance a couple of the boys girlfriends might be in tow.

• Sounds good to me. Our guests will just have to make do with the starter!! :P

• The best on that menu to me sounds like beer, tequila and beer!!!!

Choripan? Naaaa

Canelones? Naaaa

Ice cream? Depends which.... otherwise no!

• canelones is just something this world doesn't need , sorry!

Hope serafina can tell me why it's not the case....

Btw, was watching "First knight" yesterday with Sean Connery , Julia Ormond and Richard Gere........man, what happened to those old great movies and movie making.......so great to watch and relax to and enjoy......without getting totally paranoid and like on drugs, like when u watch nowadays action movies......

Old knights movies like that or "Braveheart" or the other old one, "Sword of the Valiant" , with Sean Connery just makes life so pleasant! I would bet that GlasgowJohn would agree....

With that type of movie I guess I would enjoy haggis and UK Man triangular sausages and octagonal Bunn....

• Official Post

Hope serafina can tell me why it's not the case....

Argentinian cannelloni are something that really didn't need to be created... but now we're stuck in this part of the world with the Argentinian version!

Like in every 'Italian' recipe done here, the ingredients are random, and the proportion between them is very unbalanced and the result is completely different.

These are the cannelloni done in the town where I grew up. The meat filling is cooked twice, and once in red wine. I have the recipe somewhere, but they are very time consuming to make. They are done in large batches or just bought from someone doing them for a trade, like those portrayed below. There is actually a black market, as the restaurant famous for its cannelloni actually closed, but the former owners (now retired) keep doing them for special holidays upon request, but you have to be in their inner circle!

• serafina .......

I bet I would love those!!!!!

We better stop talking about Italian food, because I think we would have other people here not agreeing.....8|

I will not elaborate on which type of Italian food and which food violating country I'm talking about..... hahaha

:D

• Ham & bean soup tonight. After an overnight soaking of black, red, and white dried beans, then cooking them separately until slightly softened, I combined them and added celery & onions sautéed in olive oil with chimichurri, romero, sage, parsley.

Next in: the ham bone, 6L of chicken stock, Bloody Mary mix, carrots. When the carrots soften, I’ll add diced potatoes, canned tomatoes, chunks of ham, and chopped cabbage, then simmer for another hour. Will eat with a crunchy baguette.

It’s an all all day labor of love, but makes enough to eat, feed the neighbors, and freeze a couple of liters for the next rainy days. Bonus: the neighbors’ cats love the ham scraps.

• Rice sounds just right to me....... soup sounds delicious!

It's funny, I also crave for soup on the hottest days of the year......made tomatoe soup yesterday.....great also when it's cold!

• Rice the day that you eat a roll with Scottish square sausage and a hint of butter and a soupcon of HP Brown sauce , you will know what Michelin star gastronomy is all about....

I have. It's good . But a Michelin Star???????

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by clean end!