Argentina’s unique pitchers: pingüinos

There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,621 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• OK, I’ll admit it. I’m a complete pushover when it comes to pingüinos, at least pottery ones. When we are at a restaurant that has them, if I can’t face the vino de la casa (a rare occurrence), I will ask if the bottle we order can be served in a pingüino. Just because they are so irresistible.

Today we ate in a wonderful little local place that had not only a shelf full of pingüinos, but a raft of different colored ones, allowing us to choose el pingüino amarillo! Heaven.

Every year, we notice that fewer restaurants bother with them. If you know of restaurants that maintain a waddle of pingüinos, please bring them to our attention ?

• I’m going there tomorrow! Thanks, serafina ! I’ve seen the metallic gold ones only as a window display at various locations of The Winery, though they don’t sell them. Our own pingüinos are the homely sort: I’d be over the moon if I could score a golden one!

• We went to an absolutely terrific little restaurant tonight: good food, attentive, friendly service, soft lights, unique, funky old fashioned atmosphere and PINGÜINOS.

Enfundá la Mandolina:

Salguero 1440

Palermo

Dinner only, M-Sat. It has been right under our noses for 12 years, but we’ve never gone before.