Operation of the Subte system

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Carlos.

• Buenos Aires is seeking bids for outside operation and management of the subte system. Current bidders include Metrovías (current local operator), Paris Metro, and a consortium that includes Transport for London (TfL), the operator of London's Underground system. The initial contractual commitment will be for 12 years, renewable, beginning in January 2019.

When in Buenos Aires last month, Boris Johnson commented on the connection between TfL's possible future venture and the history of the UK's having built Argentina's railroad system. Could this be the start of his expressed interest in renewed commerce between the two countries?

http://en.mercopress.com/2018/…-aires-underground-system

• If I were the CEO of the Company which won the bid, I will demand to the BA Government to fire some trade-unionist that are always demanding unbearable conditions, befiore the commencement of the new management. (Indemnity at GBA charge, of course!)

• In your dreams Carlos. There isn't an aspect of any kind of employment that hasn't got the tentacles of Argentine unions tangled in it.

Perhaps following the Machiavelli advise, (to do all the evil at once) if the Government behave with force and strength, the tentacles of the Trade Unions will fade. Of course, Macri is not Margaret Thatcher (with the coal miners in the 1970's).

• The signage of English still continues to rule the senses of traffic in the two ways tracks of our railways. To change it, is very expensive, as all the signals must be inverted.

By the way, the design of maps of our underground services (the subte) are copied from the Underground tube of London. This is to transforming the grid in a geometrical rule that allows only 90°, 45° and 30° following more or less the irregular pattern of the real map of BA.

Quite easy to read, by the way.

• I love the Argentina Subte maps an well as the London Underground maps. But I never made the connection. Thanks, Carlos!

• I love the Argentina Subte maps an well as the London Underground maps. But I never made the connection. Thanks, Carlos!

I assume that American subways have the same, or more clear maps of their subways.

Americans are very quick to adapt foreign inventions, I see.