Let's fight guns with more guns, suggests Trump

There are 40 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,294 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

The NRA has long believed that teachers should be armed, so naturally Trump tows the same line, which goes nowhere near the thorny issue of gun control and one that no one appears willing to tackle. Apart from students themselves, who will probably only be paid lip service.

The NRA contributed an estimated $30m (£21m) to help elect Trump.

• The NRA has long believed that teachers should be armed, so naturally Trump tows the same line, which goes nowhere near the thorny issue of gun control and one that no one appears willing to tackle. Apart from students themselves, who will probably only be paid lip service.

The NRA contributed an estimated $30m (£21m) to help elect Trump.

(But like Russian help and the work of all his former campaign staff, it didn't in the slightest contribute to his election, because he "did it all himself!")

So if the teachers have guns, should the kids have guns, should the janitor have a gun, the dinner lady? Guns for everyone.

The NRA has long wanted this arming of teachers. If only 10 teachers in each US school packed heat, think of the hundreds of thousands of additional guns their patrons would sell.

• Official Post

Whilst browsing through a forum especially for forum admins  (yes, they do exist) I came across a forum called My Militia which pretty much spelled out to me the living love affair that America has with all things weapon related.

As a non-American, I have a great deal to learn about the US culture, quite clearly.

• Official Post

Whilst browsing through a forum especially for forum admins  (yes, they do exist) I came across a forum called My Militia which pretty much spelled out to me the living love affair that America has with all things weapon related.

As a non-American, I have a great deal to learn about the US culture, quite clearly.

Love your British understatement!

• If there is a society on earth where one can argue that it is necessary to have a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun (or knife), it's Israel.

And indeed, a civilian with a gun shot an Arab assailant trying to stab a Jew just a couple of days ago.

Besides, with compulsory military service, a high percentage of the population actually knows how to use a firearm.

So it may be instructive to read about Israel's actual gun laws. Great articles here and here. And one more from the usually reliably right-wing NY Post.

tldr; Many people are indeed armed; each and every one of those guns is accounted for and highly regulated; nobody gets a gun without physical/mental examination, and showing of clear necessity to own one; most categories allow for one single firearm and maximum of 50 bullets; licenses do not renew automatically; etc.

And conceptually, the mindset can't be more different. People see guns when doing compulsory military service, the culture is that this is something we regrettably need to protect the society against external threats. There is no culture of gun ownership as a right, and the idea of having them to protect against the state would be considered insane.

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com

• ben , would you feel the need to be armed if you lived in Israel?

Unless I'd be living in Judea and Samaria (the so-called "occupied territories"), I doubt it. Probably much more useful to get a good martial arts training.

The major terrorist threats in Israel are bombings, for which a firearm is pretty useless. Same for the rockets which periodically rain on the north from Hezbollah in Lebanon, or in the south from Hamas in Gaza.

There was, in 2015-16, a major wave of knife attacks, (example - warning, may be distressing) where Arabs (both Palestinian and Israeli) just started stabbing anyone. One of the murdered was actually an Argentine who had emigrated from here a few years earlier, and whose brother is an author here. Details on that here (warning: distressing).

Anyways, in all these cases, having a firearm is of minimal value. There is a critical mass of security just about everywhere who can respond rapidly. Living in

I'd actually sooner get a firearm here.

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com

• Yet another tragic mass shooting in the USA, this time in Nashville, Tennessee where children as young as nine were shot dead along with their teachers. And this time the killer was a woman, some say transgender and she was shot dead.

Simply horrific and coincidentally, a friend sent me this article about the AR15, a weapon described by The Pentagon as a weapon of phenomenal lethality, so just absorb this fact:

"Today, the AR-15 is the best-selling rifle in the United States, industry figures indicate. About 1 in 20 U.S. adults — or roughly 16 million people — own at least one AR-15, according to polling data from The Washington Post and Ipsos."

It's a long article but well worth reading to understand American gun culture.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2023/ar-15-america-gun-culture-politics/

• Good morning. The estado unidos hegemonic unipolar empire is contracting. Gun violence is endemic. Assault rifles, whose only purpose is for killing other humans is available with little or no background check, the militarist mindset is entrenched. Only around 5% of the population serve in the military. The police in norteville have been militarized with surplus war material. The violence and rot are deeply entrenched. The paranoia from Trumpist leaning fascist pump the mainstream media that the radical left want to take their guns. Utter b.s. Nope, just don't want military grade weapons in the hands of untrained, unvetted civilians. Here in Oregon we the people have passed progressive laws for gun ownership. Unfortunately it all twisted in our culture wars of mass disinformation. When I was a young man I was trained by my WWII father how to handle firearms. I hunted game animals for food. No citizen needs an assault rifle. Estado Unidos is a very sick empire, Dios nos ayude a todos! :gandalf:

• Gun culture is at the heart of America’s sickness. Our legislature is held motionless by a controlling majority of cowards afraid to pass even basic gun safety bills, for fear they will lose their jobs to candidates more rabid than they are.

Gun advocates were in full attack mode yesterday, trying to shift the emphasis from the shooter’s arsenal to the sensational speculation that she murdered 6 people because she was transsexual (“all that testosterone!”), conveniently overlooking all the other mass shooters in the USA.

There have been 38 mass shootings in the US in this month alone. A congressman from Alabama, adjacent to Tennessee, where this most recent tragedy occurred, has introduced a bill that would make the AR-15 the “national gun.” At the President’s State of the Union address, republicans who used to wear flag lapel pins to proclaim their superior patriotism, now wore instead, tiny replicas of the AR-15.

Don’t it jes make ya PROUD to be ‘murican, Joe Don?