Updates on Milei government’s actions, for members not in the country

There are 24 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 982 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Helpful

Thinking today about how fast things are changing, I wondered how difficult it is for members not currently in Argentina to keep up.

As I myself will soon be away, I’d be so grateful for an ongoing thread about weekly or even daily changes being made by Milei, if everyone has time. Would that be possible?

• Rice , I hope your return plans aren't affected by the weather. We will be surely on our toes to see how the exchange rate goes. However, as you have seen, one day something is "cheap" and the next day it is "expensive". Really hard to trace a clear pattern.

• Thinking today about how fast things are changing, I wondered how difficult it is for members not currently in Argentina to keep up.

At some point, I realized that I had just stopped. This, despite the fact that I still worked “inside” the country in some ways, maintain strong family connections, and have been back a couple of times.

I pop into infobae whenever I need to be on top of something, but the interest in the “stuff” is largely gone.

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com

• At some point, I realized that I had just stopped. This, despite the fact that I still worked “inside” the country in some ways, maintain strong family connections, and have been back a couple of times.

I pop into infobae whenever I need to be on top of something, but the interest in the “stuff” is largely gone.

Good to see you again ben .

It's an interesting time to be in Argentina, that's for sure.

• I pop into infobae whenever I need to be on top of something, but the interest in the “stuff” is largely gone.

Same here in relation to my home country. I am glad I am not there.

Also, I suppose you are still in Canada, where life is much less exciting in the news, I would assume, and it is nice for a change!

• Yep, life here is a lot more… prosaic. In a good way.

Except the healthcare, which makes me weep for Argentina. For a very very decent price I had excellent coverage for my entire family, in terms of facilities, access to services, etc.

Healthcare here is utter dogshit in comparison.

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com

• Not sure how much this is Milei related. I believe that those makers/factories that were bound by “precios cuidados” may be going too much in the opposite direction to compensate their lost income of past years.

I cook a lot of rice and I bought last 1 kg bag by Molinos Alas for $800 about 3 weeks ago. Today I went shopping on ML and the cheapest rice was $1150/kg. Imported rice, such as basmati or carnaroli, are hugely expensive (over 10 usd per kg).

At El Portogues the kilo of long white rice was $1200, which is the same as at the Pakistani deli two blocks from here. This time I bough Yin Yun brand for $1200 per kg, but next to it a kg of Los dos hermanos was $3200. 🙀🙀🙀

Serafina’s cat pouch on Rappi jumped from 870 to 1500 pesos overnight. It is imported from Brazil and has been out of stock in many places. I am transitioning her toward a local brand called Wild Cat, but they only have three fish flavors which sound about the same.

Before Xmas I went to buy an artisanal panettone at Artiaga’s. It won the first place in the foreign panettone category at the panettone World Cup 2023 in Milan (which is where I come from).

For a staggering $14900 for half a kilo!!

Lo and behold, today it is sold for $15900. A 1 dollar increase in three days. Keep in mind that it is a seasonal product, so the excuse that the price had not been updated on a while doesn’t hold.

I also bought another panettone by La Fuerza, for $18000/kg but it was too dry and the taste was not right. Bummer, because their baked pastries are killer (especially their medialunas)

• Just got a mail from the Hospital Aleman , saying our plan is going up by 39% next month....

Heard the missus muttering away this morning about the cost of health insurance going up. Nothing new there, as she seems have been moaning about the price hikes for months and months now. ^^
    To be honest it still seems not bad value to me as long as you've got dollars.

• Argentina has to pay US$16bn in a lawsuit to Burford Capital as a result of Kicillof's disastrous expropriation of the oil company, YPF in 2012.

However, Milei is considering a long term bond and will issue a new tax to recoup the money which will be known as the Kicillof Tax so that the poison dwarf can be reminded every day of his stupidity.

LA NACION on Instagram: ""TASA KICILLOF": JAVIER MILEI CONTÓ CÓMO PLANEAN PAGAR POR EL JUICIO DE YPF"
    45K likes, 5,067 comments - lanacioncom on December 26, 2023: ""TASA KICILLOF": JAVIER MILEI CONTÓ CÓMO PLANEAN PAGAR POR EL JUICIO DE YPF"
    www.instagram.com

• Argentina has to pay US$16bn in a lawsuit to Burford Capital as a result of Kicillof's disastrous expropriation of the oil company, YPF in 2012.

However, Milei is considering a long term bond and will issue a new tax to recoup the money which will be known as the Kicillof Tax so that the poison dwarf can be reminded every day of his stupidity.

https://www.instagram.com/reel…igsh=MWp5ZWxpaHdnOHlzYg==

Brilliant branding! Perhaps future tariffs and taxes should carry the names of the people responsible for the mess being corrected.

Though I guess it would become confusing very quickly, with all those Cristina & Nestor namesake taxes.