Batakis - the new Argentine economy minister

There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,435 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• A close friend to CFK apparently and this effectively puts the ministry of economy under control of La Campora.

Yesterday she said that the right to travel is in direct conflict with the need to create jobs, an oblique reference to travellers using their cards abroad, thus requiring streams of dollars leaving the central bank.

Will they soon make it illegal to travel? Probably not, but they will certainly make it more painful.

This aligns very well with other outrageous statements from Kirchner acolytes over the years:

It's not a human right to buy dollars.

Inflation is just a sensation.

Insecurity is just a sensation - insert whichever other feeling or situation is just a sensation.

• Fugly

Alfonso Prat Gay, former head of the Central Bank: "The right to clean our bums collides with the right to work. It turns out that we have to sacrifice ourselves and when we go to the bathroom, not wipe our bums with toilet paper so that there will be one more job. It's absurd.

• Quote from Splinter:

Alfonso Prat Gay, former head of the Central Bank: "The right to clean our bums collides with the right to work. It turns out that we have to sacrifice ourselves and when we go to the bathroom, not wipe our bums with toilet paper so that there will be one more job.

What? There’s somebody who does that for other people, as a job? Is it a political appointment?

• 25 days?

Great understanding of how Argie government works but no bloody idea of macroeconomics and how to stop inflation ar at least slow it don.

When I saw the UK inflation rate climbing I dreaded to think what was going to happen here. Especially as the government always manage to make a pigs ear of it during normal times nevermind during a pandemic. Tell the pope we need a miracle or ten!! :D

• I’ve never heard of the nickname Pancake for Massa!

That is because he changes to the opposite at every movement of the panhandle

He can be whatever you want,

Typical opportunist,

The market is reacting well to the news of a possible cabinet reshuffle and Pancake Massa taking over the economy ministry, although it hasn't formally been offered to him yet. But then who wants that poisoned chalice? And what of his career if he screws up?

Dollar down to $312 now.

Does not seem possible that the key word "Adjustment" would appear. It is like the name of hell, but is the only successful way to escape from this economical mess.

Edited once, last by Carlos: Merged a post created by Carlos into this post. ().

• Had to pay a bill tomorrow, so I sold some dollars today at 321 first thing this morning.

Pretty pleased to see it at 310 later today.

First time I have benefitted from a swing in the market....

Massa is a decent politician and will get some deals over the line.

But his knowledge of economics is substantially less than my 11-year-old son's...

• Scioli (loser) is being sent back to Brazil where he belongs and Batakis is being given president of Banco Nacion as a consolation prize.

:beatdeadhorse:

• I hope someone gives Scioli a hand to pack his bags...

Still cant work this out . They send the Greek lady to talk to the IMF but get her to resign before she is on the plane back to Bs As.

She resigns but gets a nice job at the Banco Nacion.

Could only happen here.