Cristina Kirchner's magic recipe to fix inflation

There are 10 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 591 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• In a speech to celebrate day of the flag in Avellaneda, the president vice-president blamed everyone else but herself, suggesting that the country should be closed to international trade and finance, or words to that effect.

Naturally the audience, made up of hand picked union leaders and faithful zombies, believed every word she uttered. Even Venezuela rejected this policy, eventually.

Cristina Kirchner and an absurd argument

Incidentally, she used this argument to formulate the solution she imagines: given that it is due to "the lack of dollars", which in turn originates in the debt, that local prices are "out of control", it would be necessary to put an end to "the bimonetary economy", that is, to close the country completely, isolate it completely from the flow of capital, put an end to the "festival of imports", etc., because with this simple recourse, automatic stability would be achieved.

• Bullshit as usual. She seems to have forgotten this country was one of the richest in the world until selfish areseholes like her came along. Just saw a picture of her holding an expensive imported i-phone. :rolleyes:

Curiously, we were one of the richest contries in the world when we were closely associated with the UK, until 1930, when others members of the Commonwealth claimed that Argentina was receiving more investments from tbe UK than their countries. But in this issue the influence of the 1929 crisis was evident.

• Carlos , did the Great Depression hit Argentina especially hard?

My father (1898-1981) told me that he did not suffer any problem due to the depression, compared with the US, In 1930 the UK declared that there were "Imperial preferences" and from this statement onwards they will not purchase us the agricultural products that we used to do with the UK. At that time we had a conservative governement and quickly send the son of the late President Julio A. Roca (the conqueror of the Patagonia) to the UK to negotiate the incoming problem.

He offered the monopoly of the public transport in BA, added to the already existing almost monopoly of the Railways (which by the way give an excellent service in cargo and passenger service). Finally the UK agreed to the new covenant and continued to trade products with us. Many hyper nationalist blamed Roca, but I think that the only client in the world for our products was the UK. USA was not possible, they produced the same things than us. With the UK we had economic complementation.

As a result, in 1933 we were out of the crisis. Many new investments were made (the Kavanagh building was done in 1935-1936) and also the US invested many millions of dollars with the Beef factories, coveting the UK dominant position.

My father married my mother in 1934 and being only a bank employee (he did not have Unviersity graduation) was able to have a decent house, a car and then other car (a Pontiac 1937 and an Opel Kapitan (made in Germany). We lived in the middle of a growing and progressive Medium class.

in 1936 we also got a vacation house in Cordoba, Argentina, only used from December to March, in our vacation. An excellent performance being a citizen of a lonely latin american country.

Therefore, the Great depression was not hard, it was the beginning of welfare and progress, Without doubt, we were the best Latin American country. This is not the situation now, as you may see.