Police shootings and general behaviour in the USA

There are 138 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 21,958 times. The latest Post () was by Splinter.

• Just read this NYT background and some reactions to the president's forcibly removing protesters from Lafayette Park so he could look presidential and stride to St. John's Church to hold high the photo-op Bible:

Attorney General William Barr gave the order to clear the square across from the White House on Monday night, The Times explains, in a story reconstructing the incident. The order led law enforcement to use smoke and flash grenades to scatter peaceful protesters so that Trump could appear at a church for a photo opportunity.

Former military leaders and democracy experts condemned the use of force against citizens. Retired Adm. Mike Mullen wrote in The Atlantic that Trump had “laid bare his disdain for the rights of peaceful protest in this country.” Kori Schake, a former Pentagon official and Republican policy adviser, said, “If we were seeing this in another country, we would be deeply concerned.” Gail Helt, a former C.I.A. analyst, told The Washington Post: “This is what autocrats do. This is what happens in countries before a collapse. It really does unnerve me.”

Does that sounds good or bad to you Rice ?

"This is what happens in countries before a collapse. It really does unnerve me.”

Time to un-cork the champagne!

• For those who believe Floyd didn't die of someone kneeling on his neck. I think a good question is would he have died in that instant if he was just sitting in his car?

Although it might have been a contributory factor I'm not 100% sure the video evidence shows he was unable to breath from the knee on the neck. Heavy pressure on the back can compress the chest and prevent breathing as well. I suspect the charged office's legal team will be using that in his defence.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter which knee caused it. I'd like to know why they don't carry stun guns or pepper spray to quieten someone down with.

• Does that sounds good or bad to you Rice ?

"This is what happens in countries before a collapse. It really does unnerve me.”

Time to un-cork the champagne!

It seems neither bad nor good: Just the facts, ma'am. Here is some more from Dictionary.com.

"Interest in Antifa spiked around the mid-2010s surrounding the election of President Donald Trump and the rise of the alt-right, which Antifa aggressively opposes. Antifa was notably involved in a counter-protest to the white supremacist and neo-Nazi rally, Unite the Right, in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017. A participant of the Unite the Right rally killed a woman, Heather Heyer, when he drove into a crowd of counter-protestors. Donald Trump was criticized after he made remarks many interpreted as expressing sympathy to Unite the Right participants.

Antifa again made news in 2020 when President Trump blamed the movement for rioting and looting that accompanied nationwide protests against the death of George Floyd, a Black man who died after a white police officer subdued him by kneeling on his neck for several minutes. Evidence for Antifa violence during these protests has not yet been provided. Amid the protests, Trump sought to declare Antifa a terrorist organization, although the U.S. government can currently only declare foreign groups as terrorist organizations—not to mention that Antifa has no single, central structure."

Although it might have been a contributory factor I'm not 100% sure the video evidence shows he was unable to breath from the knee on the neck. Heavy pressure on the back can compress the chest and prevent breathing as well. I suspect the charged office's legal team will be using that in his defence.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter which knee caused it. I'd like to know why they don't carry stun guns or pepper spray to quieten someone down with.

The police do carry stun guns, UK Man . From the video footage obtained from security cameras, it was clear that George Floyd didn't need to be quieted down. He was completely compliant, and was handcuffed as well. No need for a taser or for a knee on the neck for 8 minutes until he was dead, because he wasn't resisting arrest.

• Rice I agree on that he was not overly aggressive.....

Nevertheless he refused to get out of his car for a loooong time.......

Anyway, as I said earlier, u can see on all the videos he is on totally bad shit.......he is in another world, not knowing what to do....again, not violent.

He can't really walk, don't know whether to sit or stand or whatever......

Obviously the police officer should have spotted his bad trip and not forced him around.

• Friday night’s protest in New Orleans was 4 blocks from our apartment. Because of the impossibility of social distancing, we stayed home, expecting to hear more crowd noise than we did. Despite the flood of rumors that KKK and neonazis were planning to hijack the demonstration, that did not happen. By all accounts the very large crowd was pleasant and peaceful, nearly everyone wore a mask, there was no destruction, and the park, riverfront and streets were left clean.

Here are some photos that I hope you will look at, to see the other side of the televised violent protests seen around the world. I’d also like for you all to see some of this lovely city!

https://www.frenchquarterjournal.com/archives/june-06th-2020

• Explain?

Quote:

" Despite the flood of rumors that KKK and neonazis were planning to hijack the demonstration"

"Here are some photos that I hope you will look at, to see the other side of the televised violent protests seen around the world"

anyone have doubt that there have been serious riots and looting, just for the cause of making disturbance and unrest, should have the courtesy to put these two words into Google "riots+USA" and click any of the links appearing with burning this and that......to argue that those people are all KKK or neonazis is just absurd!

Furthermore I could post endless videos here of the happenings including those from Belgium, London, Göteborg, Stockholm, with a crowd rioting that does not in the slightest look capable of belonging to an racist group, by the simple fact that they are black. But maybe it's all white people with silicone masks that have infiltrated the peaceful protests.

To suggest that the protests the last ten days have been mainly peaceful or if they were violent, then because of Nazis or KKK is just outrageous and absurd.

I don't have a problem posting videos from the riots all around, but why not just google and look for yourself?

Ps: for sure I would be able to find a foto or video of hundreds of peaceful KKK members or neonazis enjoying an asado and playing the banjo.

• Although I really don’t care to have anyone misquote me or draw an unintended conclusion to my post, I do give you special allowances, @JAN, and will explain where your reading of my post went off the rails.

My expressed purpose in posting the link was to show a demonstration that was in marked contrast to the demonstrations in other cities that very sadly ended in destruction and violence, whether committed by protesters, white supremacists, or federal law enforcement unleashed on protesters by the president of the USA. To put it simply, I want forum members to see that not all demonstrations in the US turn physical. And I want you all to see some views of New Orleans not normally noticed.

for sure I would be able to find a foto or video of hundreds of peaceful KKK members or neonazis enjoying an asado and playing the banjo.

Yes, please do! There’s nothing quite like a banjo-playing bigot at an asado. Even better: hundreds of them. And peaceful ones at that.

Don’t keep me in suspense!

• Although I really don’t care to have anyone misquote me or draw an unintended conclusion to my post, I do give you special allowances, @JAN, and will explain where your reading of my post went off the rails.

My expressed purpose in posting the link was to show a demonstration that was in marked contrast to the demonstrations in other cities that very sadly ended in destruction and violence, whether committed by protesters, white supremacists, or federal law enforcement unleashed on protesters by the president of the USA. To put it simply, I want forum members to see that not all demonstrations in the US turn physical. And I want you all to see some views of New Orleans not normally noticed.

Yes, please do! There’s nothing quite like a banjo-playing bigot at an asado. Even better: hundreds of them. And peaceful ones at that.

Don’t keep me in suspense!

the quotes I posted was copy paste, so I'm pretty sure they are ur quotes.

As you see on my post, it's two individual quotes, ("xxx" and "xxx").

I'm sorry to say to u, ur banjo playing peaceful protest was an exception to the other protests. (A random neutral Google search would result in other pictures).

To argue that the protests and violence behind is KKK members or neonazis is just absurd! (Unless they have the silicone masks on as described).

Take the time to google whether earth is round or flat......I bet there would be quite a few good pictures of a flat one and the argumentation why it's flat.

The banjo playing KKK members making an asado was a joke, and I'm afraid posting a such picture because u might end up seeing a black guy hanging from a three, far far far far away......