Being a witness - funny story

There are 6 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 3,339 times. The latest Post () was by EJLarson.

• <p>Last night I walked by a police station. A cop stopped me and told me to come Inside. I asked why and he said, they need a witness to a denuncia someone is making. I told him, in the thickest yanqui accent I could muster and with purposely bad grammar “no hablo espanol no comprendo nada” and he went and asked another cop who came over and said, slight paraphrase from memory, “no importa si no hables castellano, solo hay que firmar que sos un testigo” —- so for the record, even if you don’t understand what you’re witnessing, you can still be a witness. Only in Argentina!&lt;br&gt;</p>
    <br><p>&lt;br&gt;</p>
    <br><p>In case you’re wondering what the denuncia was for.... some grandma went to visit her grandchildren, in the apartment of their mother (her son’s ex-gf and the baby momma) and the baby momma was so angry she was there, she pushed the poor old grandma so grandma was denouncing her former daughter-in-law.&lt;br&gt;</p>
    <br><p>&lt;br&gt;</p>
    <br><p>&lt;br&gt;</p>
    <br><p>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk</p>

• This is a wonderful, and yes, very funny example of that cursed Argentine insistence that form is more important than substance.

We travel to and from Argentina at least twice a year. Our two Bichon Havanese girls fly with us in the cabin and are very offended if they’re not invited. This entails mountains of paperwork, examinations, certificates, etc, on both ends of the flight. The Argentine end, however, features some mindbenders unique to this wonderful culture. Works like this:

On EZE arrival we visit the SENASA desk where our US paperwork is examined, stamped, replicated, pored over with a microscope - the full Argentine treatment. All this time the girls are patiently waiting silently, invisible in their carriers, knowing that this, too, will eventually end, SENASA will issue all our Argentine forms and permissions, and we can all go home.

We’ve done this around forty times now. Twice the SENASA people have asked to see the dogs. The other times? We could have been transporting anything from snakes to drugs - SENASA’s mission is to check the paperwork. They’re very good at that.

• Here's a classic example of the genre. Make sure to watch the last seconds as well:

I have a story of my own, but too busy/lazy to type it out now.

I do airline tickets, car rental, hotels, cruises, insurance, and all-inclusive packages.

If you want great service and low prices, look no further.
    I also sell local SIM cards for several countries.
    ben@kanfeinesharim.com

• Also, in a weird way, the case I watched is an example of *why I love Argentine family values* (and prefer living here).

Specifically: this grandma was really distraught, crying, and she kept on saying that *her (late) husband's last words to her, were to make her promise to take care of her grandkids* and she was really trying to keep with her final promise to her late husband. In a weird way, I was moved. An American's last words to his wife are faaaaar more likely to be, "....and the password to my bank account is....."