Shipping to Argentina - any update?

There are 101 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 27,167 times. The latest Post () was by UK Man.

• Official Post

I have another document shipping coming in from the US. The shipping method was USPS International Economy (the cheapest available, about 32 USD) and my parcel departed this Monday from Florida. I just received an update from USPS stating it has arrived in Ezeiza!

Now I have inputed the tracking code on the Correo System (https://www.correoargentino.com.ar/formularios/oidn) but the arrival in Argentina is not yet recorded there. Finger crossed - now is the hardest part!

In March, it took 4 days from Ezeiza to my door.

• I ordered a payoneer debit card last month, arrived without any delay directly to my house! Some time ago I had important papers regarding a house sale mailed via UPS, also arrived without slightest problem or delay.

Would I order a package????? Naaaaaa, no way!!!

• Official Post

I ordered a payoneer debit card last month, arrived without any delay directly to my house! Some time ago I had important papers regarding a house sale mailed via UPS, also arrived without slightest problem or delay.

Would I order a package????? Naaaaaa, no way!!!

I am waiting for my Transferwise debit card. It is in the parcel I am writing about. :)

I agree that I wouldn't play my luck with a package.

In 2014 I had my mail shipped from the US. However, part of the shipping contained a cardboard with new checks from my bank. Boy! That thick cardboard box ticked the AFIP radar. My parcel was held in custom and I had to go to Retiro's aduana to collect it.

I didn't have a DNI back then, but everything went smoothly. I paid a fee, waited some three hours, a scientist in a white scrub scrutinised the content of my parcel carefully. He first asked me if I knew what the content was and I replied "my mail, documents!" and he looked at me like I was a narco. Once he was done mingling with my stuff he told me I could go. 8)

Another time I had documents sent from Italy by courier. I asked my mom to put a rubber kitchen accessory in it (a silicon tie, like a cord) and it was held un custom and I was told I needed to hire an importer or obtain an import authorization for 'Other' kind of forbidden good. Vaffanculo! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

• An argentine friend of mine from Amsterdam, once wanted to be nice to me, think in in 2012 or so.....so he mailed me a package with a few kilos coffee......from Amsterdam..... hahahaha.....when I came to pick it up they really all looked quite funny at me at correo!!!!! Extasy is generally coming from Amsterdam, going through multiple other destinations.....and very often they use coffee to camuflage drugs....(without luck I think). I told my friend, just leave it, don't do it again please. Anyway I actually left correo without handcuffs and with my coffee!!!!

• Did you leave with the coffee after paying a fee?

That must have been around the same time I was sent two packets of tea from the UK and they turned up 8 months later. They had the bloody cheek to ask me to make the 200 mile round trip to go and collect them.

Fucking laughable....tells you why this country's in such a mess.

• That must have been around the same time I was sent two packets of tea from the UK and they turned up 8 months later. They had the bloody cheek to ask me to make the 200 mile round trip to go and collect them.

The worst part was not having your tea, of course. But next to that must have been that video looping in your mind, of the pencil pushers at aduana sitting around sipping your tea.

• UK Man

Yep got the coffee with me and some other small things.....after waiting 4 hours and paying a fee of course!!!!

Beside that, MM promise of door to door was really an empty promise.......I know people have success stories, but still it's so encreible complicated that no one really wanna bother unless it's HIV medicine ...=O

• The worst part was not having your tea, of course. But next to that must have been that video looping in your mind, of the pencil pushers at aduana sitting around sipping your tea.

Yes indeed....wouldn't surprise me.

It's not so much the loss it's the farcical procedure ....not to mention the expense of it all to the country. Funds they should be using for something 1000 times more important like upgrading hospitals and schools. That's what pisses me off. I just don't get it.

• UK Man

Yep got the coffee with me and some other small things.....after waiting 4 hours and paying a fee of course!!!!

Beside that, MM promise of door to door was really an empty promise.......I know people have success stories, but still it's so encreible complicated that no one really wanna bother unless it's HIV medicine ...=O

It was a tester just to see what would happen....thankfully it wasn't something expensive. I wouldn't do it again so in that respect they won.

• Official Post

After the long weekend, also Correo Argentino finally admitted that my shipping has arrived. It has cleared custom, and it's being sent to its destination (...) which I don't know if it means that there will be nothing to pay (like last time) or else.

The app gives slightly different results: it says it needs to be categorized (!) so the hardest part has yet to come.

And the app also says that there might be something to pay

• Remember back in time......this is where u get hope......but from this point on all is open......plus it can take aaaaages.....

• Official Post

Still a farce then. :rolleyes:

Yes. The interesting thing is that the 12:39 tracking says it has cleared customs on both Correo Argentino website and USPS website, but it says it is in process of being classified in customs on the Correo Argentino app.

Digging a little further: on the Correo Argentino website appeared a second part of the tracking history under a local tracking code.

The same 12:39 tracking is about my item being classified (like it reads on the app).

So, USPS sees it as 'it has cleared customs' when, in facts, it is about to start its custom process.

Talking about double face!