35 y.o. Canadian tourist stabbed in the wee hours in San Telmo, within blocks from the latest assault

There are 5 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 1,765 times. The latest Post () was by Rice.

• Official Post

Otra vez un turista extranjero fue herido y asaltado en pleno centro porteño. En esta oportunidad, la víctima fue un ciudadano canadiense, de 35 años, que fue apuñalado mientras se encontraba en el barrio de San Telmo, a solo cuatro cuadras del lugar en el que un hombre de nacionalidad sueca fue baleado en una pierna durante otro robo.

Fuentes policiales dijeron a Infobae que el nuevo episodio ocurrió esta madrugada en la calle Perú al 400, donde la víctima fue abordada por al menos cuatro delincuentes. Uno de ellos sacó un arma blanca, lo hirió en el hombro y se dio a la fuga -junto a sus cómplices- con el celular del turista.

• serafina

Changed the title of the thread from “35 y.o. Canadian tourist stabbed in the wee hours in San Telmo, just block from the latest assault” to “35 y.o. Canadian tourist stabbed in the wee hours in San Telmo, within blocks from the latest assault”.
  • I cannot understand why the tourist agencies (State and private) promotes the visit of San Telmo.

Is a decadent borough, plenty of occupied houses with criminals. I understand that is the only one borough with some picturesqueness, but the advantages are less than the dangers.

I know very well San Telmo and I used to go there many years ago, but I had always the sad impression of being depressed. Ugliness is everywhere. Marginal people are wandering in the middle of the innocent tourist.

The criminals are eager to catch the tourist, especially those who looks caucasian. It is not casually that the victims were white Americans, Swedes or anyone who looks to be a tourist.

If I were the police authority, I will wipe out that "untermenschen" inside this borough.

I also am prepared to receive hard criticism for this statement.

• Official Post

I also am prepared to receive hard criticism for this statement.

No harshness from my side, Carlos. I cannot think of an instance were events took a turn for the better by mere talking about it or how we could all benefit from a change. I do not promote nor violence nor repression, but men seem to react only to physical force, especially when the change involves a large group of uneducated people.

• This is , once again, so tragic. Truth in advertising would require all tourist information to strongly recommend that any trips to San Telmo should be made during the day, when the chance is better than average that a tourist would have his pocket picked, but that he would not be violently assaulted with a knife.