Penthouse Apartment for rent PALERMO

There are 27 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 6,668 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• yep, Argentina is a nightmare regarding property, rentals, being a landlord etc.

I've been through it all, and not only with argis, actually more with foreigners taking advantage of the system, (rentals).

I have a good friend, Carlos, real estate guy........the stuff that I experience through him, (with other clients), is just outrageous......and many times "good" "solid" "high professional high income" "sophisticated gay world travellers" etc etc etc.....the ones u would bet ur pants u could not have trouble with...... actually I've had 2 bad experiences the last 10 years....long contracts, apparently perfect clean deals. Both turned out expensive........and both was on a very creepy level. We always make fun about this type of stuff now.......just like with bad workers fucking stuff up and cheating u like hell. He had one scammer, local one, trying to fool around seriously and cheat..... problem was that the owner of the apartment was a high level government guy, (former gov)......owner pulled down his pants and put a .22 through his asscheek......then he said, now we are even, stop what you are doing because next one will be painful!!!!! Hahaha!!!!! After that the guy stopped conning around........(meaning, not paying rent, occupying apartment instead of just leaving, and calling for his human rights......and that of course many many months). The trick with occupying apartments is a big problem...... impossible to get rid of people......no legal way.

The rental income in Argentina is not really interesting if u look at current prices.......but if u look back on your return on investment with your purchase price they are quite high!!!!!

F.ex. to get maybe 1000 euros monthly in Germany u would need for sure 500.000 minimum. Here I guess you would get more.

• Official Post

The rental income in Argentina is not really interesting if u look at current prices.......but if u look back on your return on investment with your purchase price they are quite high!!!!!

Exactly my point. In Buenos Aires, you don't make money on rentals, but on resale value over time and 1) I don't think this is yet a good moment to buy as prices are similar to those to a better yielding property in a medium sized town in Spain, for example; 2) I don't want to be bound long-term to Argentina, as one never knows when it is 'safe' to get out (i.e. sell and not getting ripped by bureaucracy or draconian laws on getting money out of the country).

Being a landlord can be full of surprises, and being a landlord with an ocean in the middle can get expensive.

I also don't have 500k€ to invest, so my rental income would be a lot more modest.

I am very surprised to see that vacation home on La Costa are more expensive than a house in a gated community in the outskirts of Buenos Aires. Who has that kind of money to spend on a vacation home? And I mean a quarter of a million dollar to spend for a property on La Costa (not Cariló, nearby). With that kind of money, buy something in the US!

• yep, I ask myself same question: which "normal" argi can pull out that money just like that.......

But, I think inside our heads we know who they are......:)

I often think about who have money to live in nordelta or Puerto madero...... same people I guess.....and they will be back soon hahaha.....

During my time working in banking it was always the same...... everyone expecting stocks to crash because of this and that...... when Dow Jones hit 5000, critical, by 10.000 also, then crash time and and and...... look at where it is now!!!!!

So actually I'm not so negative on the real estate perspective.....still it's very cheap to buy compared to other metropoles.

But ok the return on assets u can get better somewhere else right now for sure.

I remember back in time when I set foot here first time and look to buy an apartment.......my god, I wish I had bought all I had in mind.......one in a new building direct by cemetery in revolvers, with the whole top of building as terrace, with a huge pool.....Like 25x25 meters in total......price was 110.000 USD for pool terrace and around same for apartment......so 220.000 USD! I still walk by and look up on the building and Terrassa on top! Another good one, a tip floor old Paris style building, with a huge dome, in corner, some 300m2 plus same amount, 300m2 Terrassa.....was 270.000 USD!!!!! Where on earth u can find something just close to??????

In Copenhagen, Denmark, I would need say half million USD just for an average normal apartment for a family, maybe 70m2. I could go on......when I bought the apartment in Palermo, they offered me two of the 4 top floor apartments, each round 170.000.......studios in same building, 50.000 USD......no place on earth, major capital, u can't find those prices I think.......

• Official Post

no place on earth, major capital, u can't find those prices I think.......

Those 2007 prices definitely not, but current prices are similar to Milan, Malaga, or Valencia (just naming some places I have been keeping my eyes on).

And even if the for the same purchase price, you'd get the same rental in EUR today, Argentina always loses because God knows how much it is going to yield in EUR in three months, and what the fuss it will be to sell the property when you want to.

I can't speak for Spain, but in Italy, the general construction quality is much better than in Buenos Aires. Not only because of safety standard, but also for a generic higher quality demand by Italian home owners.

• This was the building by cemetery, exactly corner of junin .......as u see the top floor look like its an apartment, but in an enclosed penthouse terras with a huge pool......ohhhh man I could cry now......i remember I asked if I could buy only the Terrassa level, but no, u needed to buy either apartment below or on the side, and then have it amended. (Was in the renovation period).

• Rice ....didnt lose it it, I didn't make an offer..... I was just to tight and stupid........so ok, yes I lost it :)

Im not a big recoleta fan anymore anyway, way to boring... but as an investment, I think recoleta will always be spot on...... even that other barrios rises more......

Always asked myself when Puerto Madero would crack....... but it seems like it's more a real estate white washing center...... so there is always market for that! I hear that half of all Puerto Madero is vacant.......quite good indicator of what the real story is behind the barrio! Can't imagine myself pulling out half a million USD just like that, just to have it standing empty. Beside i don't have half million , not even pesos I guess hahaha.

There must be some gentleman agreement there..... otherwise how do someone prefer zero dollars of rent instead of xx? The rental prices are the highest in BA......with half standing empty, why???? (We know why hahaha ✌️🤡✌️)

• Official Post

<woltlab-quote data-author="JAN" data-link="https://www.argentinaexpats.org/forum/index.php?thread/1868-penthouse-apartment-for-rent-palermo/&amp;postID=14662#post14662"><p>so there is always market for that! I hear that half of all Puerto Madero is vacant.</p></woltlab-quote><p>I am not very familiar with Puerto Madero, but the few times that I was there is seemed just offices. I was surprised to see so many apartment for sale on ZonaProp and the like, and the INSANELY expensive prices. They aren't better building compared to average tall buildings being build here, they are just *there*.</p>
    <p>I can't imagine someone with half a million dollar and buying in Puerto Madero instead of Miami!</p>