Call *910 to block your stolen phone and no.

There are 4 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,456 times. The latest Post () was by serafina.

• Official Post

If you are in the unfortunate position to have been robbed of your mobile phone, you can call the toll-free number *910 from any phone and block both the number and the device.

And you get it back, you can unlock it. In any case, you can get a new SIM with the same mobile number your had before.

As for blocking the device, I guess they will flag the phone IMEI so that it won't be able to connect to the national network again. This measure was taken to fight the black market. There are 4700 stolen phones per day, said the Security Ministry Mrs. Bullrich.

However, I think that if you take the phone abroad you can work around this. I also think it is possible to forcefully change a phone IMEI by flashing the device, but I am no expert here.

• serafina , this works in Argentina for local phones only? Or could a tourist from Congo who loses his phone in BsAs call *910 to block his phone too?

If you have an iPhone, you could use the kill-switch mechanism via iTunes, but unfortunately you will need a computer, but your laptop might get nicked in the same process if you're carrying it around, lol

• Official Post

If you have an iPhone, you could use the kill-switch mechanism via iTunes, but unfortunately you will need a computer, but your laptop might get nicked in the same process if you're carrying it around, lol

Oh my, Buenos Aires life! :rolleyes:

I believe that exist 'hard reset' SIM cards to be inserted in smartphones to bypass carrier restrictions and blocking.