Buenos Aires giving out energy efficient light bulbs

There are 15 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 5,507 times. The latest Post () was by GMXam.

• Official Post

Our neighborhood Punto Verde is exchanging old (even burned out) incandescent light bulbs for new, long-life energy efficient ones. Up to 5 per household.

We took up your advice and went to exchange a couple of bulbs a few months ago. They just supply Cold Light LED bulbs. They said they are cheaper (? - in stores they are equally priced).

There are many shops selling LED bulbs, including Easy, supermarkets, electrical shops, LED-only shops, ferreterías.

We bought several from a LED-only shop because it offered bulk prices. We had just moved so we needed about ten.

Prices at Easy are higher, but at least you can check them out online to get an idea and see if it worth bringing the bulb from abroad or save the space for something more valuable, GMXam

Please also note that according to Argentinian law (again - ?!) bulbs cannot be returned once bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• “Cold light” meaning the irritating bright white light emitted by these bulbs, serafina ? I hate it, really, but I didn’t know there was any other kind???

• Official Post

(Quote from serafina)

“Cold light” meaning the irritating bright white light emitted by these bulbs, serafina ? I hate it, really, but I didn’t know there was any other kind???

Oh yes, Rice. You can buy warm light LED bulbs, instead. 😉

There are also different Kelvins (‘ color temperature’ of the light emitted by the bulb) to choose from. Electricity is very celebrative of its scientist.
    This one was named after Lord Kelvin.

https://goo.gl/images/ucYKyc

• An excellent education in lighting, serafina. I can see that my preferred range would be 2000 Kelvins or less, preferably candlelight.

A friend of mine is married to a man whose career is providing lighting advice to celebrities and tv shows. He says that the most flattering light bulbs are pink in color. My friend added that every light bulb in their house is pink!

• Official Post

Back on track on the LED bulb topic.

My husband decided we have to buy all LED bulbs to replace our current ones. While on mercadolibre there are many offers, some as low as €1 per bulb (warm light), we did some try last night using the few LED bulb we already have (equivalent to 90 W warm light) and they are colder than previous low energy bulbs. Hence, the room ambience is colder. My husband did investigate and found out that the only LED bulbs with different Kelvin temperature available here are Verbatim’s. So tomorrow he is going to one of the two resellers listed in Buenos Aires.

I also found out that there are bulbs with incorporated movement sensor and bulbs to keep bugs away (but I am afraid they could be a nuisance to Serafina the cat, as well).

I have been trying to convince my husband to buy pink bulbs, to no avail.

• Official Post

Part 2 of the LED saga.

My husband went to the store and bought the 2700 K Verbatim bulbs. They make a considerably warmer light and we are far more pleased than with whiter LED bulbs (3000 K) sold elsewhere.

The shop is

100.000 Lámparas

Uruguay 349, C1015ABG CABA

http://www.100000lamparas.com.ar/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/100.000+L%C3%A1mparas/@-34.6046991,-58.3884624,17z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x95bccac430537aff:0xabc1d50a6e43a05b!2sUruguay+349,+C1015ABG+CABA!3b1!8m2!3d-34.6046991!4d-58.3862737!3m4!1s0x95bccac430f856ef:0x6868017dc1ab982!8m2!3d-34.6046991!4d-58.3862737

Prices on their e-shop (http://100000-lamparas.mercadoshops.com.ar/) are a few pesos more than in-store paying cash.

We bought this one for 50 ARS (advertised for 59 ARS on the eshop). Currently they have only two Verbatim models available, this one for 11 W (=75 W) and 13 W (=100 W).

lamparas-led-11w-75w-luz-calida-verbatim_iZ1019828002XsZ244878077XpZ1XfZ244878077-680600533-1XvZgrandexIM.jpg?v=20190312_160000

• Thanks for the update! This will be one of my first stops when we return.