Posts from serafina in thread „Flying Norwegian... a review of the Eze - Gatwick service“

Aren't there direct flights from São Paulo /Rio de Janeiro for you, Semigoodlooking and UK Man?

I found SP very easy to navigate, with large corridors and plenty of seatings and food places in the terminal. On my four times through Barajas I remember quite a crowd, especially for the European leg of the flight which happened in the morning, in my case. At night and for the intercontinental flight I remember something similar to SP as far as space and food options, though.

I'd rather have the shorter leg in South America and then land directly into my destination because of time of my flights (I leave in the late evening from SP, so there is not much crowd), whereas a change of airport in the morning in Europe could result in queues and long waiting time.

While I was looking for my flight to Italy, I also browsed on Iberia's website and I noticed that some strikingly low airfares included the transatlantic flight on Level, Iberia's low cost. This meant that the airfare looked cheap, but you couldn't carry any baggage (except a carry-on), you would have no meal, no blanket, no entertainment.

I am not at all convinced it was fair to include these flights in their main results. If I am looking on Iberia.com, I am expecting to fly 'economy' class, not low-cost-stripped-class.

I wouldn't be so picky for domestic or short flights, but on an intercontinental flight, there is no room for greediness.

In the end, I have booked with LATAM for the usual €1200 round trip from Aeroparque to Malpensa and back. Best solution for me: the closest airport in both instances, a 20' car ride to both homes, a reasonably short flight with a stop-over in Sao Paulo (flights stopping over in Madrid are 40' shorter, though), two checked bags of 23 kg each. I will be back before the final match of the World Cup, just in case Argentina makes it.