Posts from daniel in thread „Talk about today“

Our Yorkie (Cooper) had an accident yesterday, leaving him partially paralyzed from the neck down. We are to take him back to the vet today and a decision

will have to be made for his care. He wasn't "just a dog".

The decision was made to put our little Yorkie to sleep!!!!

RECONFIGURED MY OLD MACHINE FOR A LINUX BOOT DRIVE

This is the old PC that I have reconfigured around PClinux. This PC was built back in the late

90’s around a Intel DP43BF mobo and a Intel Pentium E6700 3.20GHz CPU, and it is still running,and

has been reconfigured many times.

#1 The top HDD 500GB is the boot drive with PCLinux installed.

#2 The next drive is a 1tb drive with XP install in the 1st 130GB partition, it has three more partition

dedicated for bkup and data.

#3 A 240GB SanDisk SSD that is running Windows 8.1.

#4 A 120GB SanDisk SSD that is running Windows 10.

This is for a machine that can handle more than one

drve. If it can,then install the drive and

run Linux on that drive, and install Grub to that drives

MBR. Use Grub to boot the machine, and use the Grub menu to

select the OS.

If you are, like me, have tried other distros, and have to use sudo, or enter a PW just to open some programs, then look no further.

PCLinux does not use sudo, you sign in at the sign-in

prompt, and enter the OS. The terminal will open to the user prompt, just use su to enter the root prompt.

You have a choice at PCLinux install to not use a root PW, I do not and I do not deem this security issue if I am the only user on this PC. If you like typing PW's,then by all means do a root PW.

You will have to use the chown command to get full ownership of your /home/user folder.

PCLinux is a nice semi rolling release distro that can be setup to run mostly like Windows.

Splinter

One of my computers running a Intel DP43BF motherboard has decided not to do a cold boot. It will boot if I do a ctrl/alt/del, and runs fine, any

idea on what might have happened, besides a faulty mobo.

What are the specs daniel ?

Splinter ...

It is running a 3rd gen i5 cpu, Asus P8Z77V-LX that has no tpm port, UEFI and secure boot have long been disabled, DOS/MBR 1tb Samsung SSD, with one 500GB partition for Windows. I know

MS could and probably will plug this hole, but I did nothing wrong, in the way I did this, I am still only running one Windows OS, on the same digital license that W10 had. I only

exploited certain features with the W10 and W11 ISO,s.

I see this as a complete farce, as to the W11 system requirements, it isn't, that W11 will not or can not, run on other hardware, but our big brother MS, wants users to throw away

perfectly good machines and purchase something new. Makes no sense for users that have supported MS through the years to have to jump through hoops, like I had

to, just to install an updated OS from MS. W11 actually reminds and looks more like Linux Deepin or a Mac, more than anything.

I posted on Jim Canfield article on how and what I did to install W11.

The United States plans to arrange alternative fuel sources for Europe, in case Russia cuts off gas and crude oil supplies.

Yea, probably just build them some wind turbine farms or install some solar panels, bought from China!!!!

The Wife and I started this project the week end after Thanksgiving. We have now sanded and painted the paneling, had new carpet installed, and rehung things on the wall. Living room

is a 14'x28' and the hall is about a 4'x23'. Our hard work has added a nice touch to the old house.

I didn’t know you’d been In Vietnam

Did two tours of duty in Vietnam, one in 68 and 69 and another one at the end. I was a 67N20 or a Huey Crewchief, the Army needed all the help they could get, trying

to get people out of harms way. Been in Iraq and Afghanistan for too long already, go in do your job and get the hell out, let other countries fight their own wars.