Posts from GlasgowJohn in thread „Talk about today“

Monumental cock-up by the electricity company. The missus got an email this morning saying she hadn't paid the last bill. She was told to pay it asap plus the next bill which is due to be paid on May 10th. Well you should have heard what she had to say about that.....she always swears in Spanish when she's annoyed!! =O

She found the receipt for the paid ''unpaid'' bill and shot off to their office. She kicked up so much fuss the manager appeared to aplogise to her profusely for their mistake. She's now feeling better. :D

The exact same thing happened to me last week as well!

Amazon Fire Tablets are pretty good machines.

I had one but GJ jr stood on it a few years back and when I tried to buy one when I was in USA , there was temporary stock problmem.

I am now using Teclast and love it - super fast operation.

Interesting comment about supplements for paying with credit cards above.

Our local deli which isnt cheap is now charging an extra 13% for payment with C/C.

I can understand that a supplement might be needed but I think 13% is a bit much.

I told the owner that unless he sorted something out I would be shopping less.

The business to be in right now is collecting cash from retail businesses and delivering cash to ATMs at banks

The 2000 peso note only works in a very, very small percentage of ATMs - so the highest denomination is the 1000 note , ie one Dollar more or less

Depending how fast the Dollarization project goes , I can see 5,000 and 10,000 notes coming very quickly

The missus is just back from the bank. She took advantage of a 400000 peso loan offer to pensioners paid back over 4 years at a very low interest rate. She put it straight into a deposit account which gives her back far more interest in a much shorter space of time.

I must be missing something here as that doesn't make sense to me. :scratchead:

Which bank is that UK Man ? . I will be first in line tomorrow::::

A further update on my health.

Had an interesting chat with the lovely Neurologist yesterday. Doctora Maria Rattagan....her grandad was from Ireland and forced her to always speak to him in English. :thumbup:

She assured me all my test results showed I hadn't had a mini stroke nor the start of epilepsy. It was a seizure most likely brought on by a period of excess alcohol intake combined with this summers record high temperatures. Looking back I have to agree with her. It wasn't so much the amount but the mixture of wine,beer and spirits every day. Especially as I was already on a course of statins and hardening of the arteries medication.

She advised me to lay off the booze completely for a while, which I most certainly will. In fact I haven't had a drop for a while. The loss of weight was down to the wrong medication and the stress caused by the side effects of it. Loss of appetite being one of them. While there she did a few more tests on me to check my balance as well as my hand and eye coordination. No problems were found. So I left a happy man. All I need to do now is regain the weight I've lost.

Looking forward to see the selfie you took with the neurologist.... :th_giggle01: :th_giggle01: :th_giggle01:

My current cardiologist is a 40 year old beauty.

The problem is , she is 2 inches taller than me...

Not that I am looking for a change , but I thought I would mention it.

I suspect you're right. If you don't have a decent regular income you're fucked.

My wife knows a doctor who is still in practice at the ge of 78!! All because doctors pensions are shit. Now if airline pilots are forced to retire in their 60's WTF are doctors allowed to work? :nono:

Pilots have a decent Trade Union looking after their interests.

Doctors .....on their own

Many thanks GJ. :thumbup:

I'm more used to the Scottish protestant church funerals which seem to take ages to carry out...weeks sometimes. Here it was all over 18 hours after she passed away.

I was very impressed with how it all went. From the lie in wait last night to this mornings funeral. All very slick. :thumbup:

yip , Scottish funerals take a wee while to get organized and you pray that there is no post mortem as that will add another week to the delay.

the only good thing is that if you live abroad and want to go, you can almost always get there in time for the funeral and the wake.

Condolences to you UK Man and Mrs UK Man.

The only thing I like about the funerals here is that everything happens very quickly.

Very efficient in the funeral process.

Unlike anything else they do.