Posts from Splinter in thread „Amazon Prime“

I pay $120.00 a year for Prime Membership, videos is included. That being said, only some videos are included in the free watch list, all others have

to be rented or purchased. The ones that are free are add free, unlike Roku and Hulu, am not sure about Disney. Payment history is listed under

memberships & subscriptions.

This is where it gets confusing. Prime membership is not the same as subscribing to Prime Video. With the former, Prime Video is included, albeit limited and the latter is the streaming service on its own, which is what we were paying for.

I've cancelled it now anyway.

I've just cancelled our subscription to Prime Video because we are being charged US$11 because of the way the account was set up. I'll explain...

Clearly anything you buy on Amazon is in the currency that you set up on your account and I've had an Amazon account since around 2004, during which time the locations have changed a lot.

Long story short, I had the currency set to GB£ because I only ever ordered physical items over there for obvious reasons, so were being charged in GB£ which was then converted to US$ but charged to an Argentine card with all the taxes that attracts, resulting in a final cost of more than AR$1100 per month.

Furthermore, trying to find a payment history on Amazon is impossible and we could only track it through Mastercard, which doesn't even give you a breakdown of added taxes anyway.

It's also worth noting that you have to be careful about which card will be your default on Amazon. Last year I ordered a book for a friend on my Amazon account but input HIS card details, forgetting to remove his card later on. Our Prime sub then got charged to his card for six months with no prior notification. It was only when he noticed it on his card in GB£ that we discovered the mistake and then resolved it.

I'll probably set up a new Amazon account for Arg in AR$ and see how that goes, because as far as I know, we should only be paying around AR$300 including taxes for Prime.