Posts from Splinter in thread „Want to watch“

Remember The Prisoner by Patrick McGoohan. Here he is being interviewed about the series and I can't help but relate to the concept that we are all prisoners in one way or another and definitely more so than in 1977.

Here's the entire series:

Un Cuento Chino is a 2011 Argentine film starring Ricardo Darin and is about a lonely, very ordered man who runs a hardware shop (ferreteria).

Unbelievably, it's not available in Argentina on Prime Video. I've seen it before, but it's definitely worth watching again.

The correct English translation for Un Cuento Chino is in fact, A Tall Tale, so how they ended up with this translation is anyone's guess.

Chinese Take-Away (2011) ⭐ 7.3 | Comedy, Drama
    1h 33m | Not Rated
    www.imdb.com

I found it on Star+ :yay:

This soldier was apparently awarded a medal by the British as well as the one he received from Argentina:

It seems I can no longer ready articles in DCT because they have detected my ad blocker, and rely on ad income.

Is Faraway Downs on Disney+, a channel that we don't subscribe to? Or, I hope, additional outlets? It looks very good.

It's on Star+ I just discovered.

As for the ad blocker, all you have to do is pause it on DCT, job done.

Adblockers severely dent ad income, but it's a two edged sword because I block ads on YouTube but that's a different matter.

One Life is a 2023 biographical film of British humanitarian Nicholas Winton, starring Anthony Hopkins and Johnny Flynn as Winton.[2] Winton helped groups of Jewish children in German-occupied Czechoslovakia to hide and flee in 1938–39, just before the beginning of the war.