Posts from Rice in thread „Passports for sale“

I hear that a record amount of US citizens are now leaving the USA for citizenship elsewhere. Is that true?

There was a CNN article but I can't find it now.

I have read that a much higher number of people have been leaving the US during the past two years, but can’t back that up because I can’t remember where I read it. My only empirical evidence would be that for the first time in our lives, we have really wished we could do the same.

Throughout our history, the US has been a country of immigrants, not emigrants. But with the sudden upending of our governmental institutions and even our Constitution, this is a government we no longer recognize or can believe in.

For a wide variety of reasons, many of us are casting an eye on other countries at this time, wondering if life might be better elsewhere. One of the biggest hurdles, of course, is the pesky business of obtaining residency and, eventually, citizenship.

Enter the Citizen-by-Investment Programs, or CIP’s, a handy way for very wealthy people to buy citizenship in another country. Although the concept has been around for decades, there is renewed interest now that people from certain countries aRe not allowed to enter other countries.

This article gives examples of countries with CIP’s, and their price tags.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/art…ltiple-passports-pandemic