Posts from Rice in thread „Corona Virus in Argentina“

I guess I’m a wimp. Had the booster at 2 pm yesterday, and by 10, I was starting to shiver. Piled on the eiderdown comforters and alternately chilled and burned up until around 7 am, when I finally got to sleep, and stayed asleep most of the day. The muscle and joint aching and the headaches are finally subsiding, as Splinter said, about 24 hours after this all started.

If the reaction to the vaccination is a tiny preview of what it is like to have even a very mild case of Covid, I definitely don’t want it.

My husband? Had none of this.

Such wisdom comes from a variety of sources! A cleaning lady gave me the hot tip that the vaccine is a con job, because the real cure for Covid is a silver emulsion.

My infallible source for wine and restaurant recommendations is the woman who cuts my hair. Our financial advisor gets his info on what’s going on in town from the bartender at the Port of Call. Your remis driver, GlasgowJohn , rates right up there as a great source of conspiracy theories. Please continue to keep us in the loop?

daniel , if you are secretly a biochemist with inside information from counterintelligence, please share your credentials for making such an accusation?

Otherwise, if you are just repeating internet-spread hooey, please rethink what you are doing before this forum becomes part of a disinformation campaign. Dr. Anthony Fauci has spent his life researching and fighting viruses, including this one. His thanks? A sick former president’s cult who want to (literally) shoot the messenger. Besides the numerous and graphically-described threats on his life and the lives of his family, last week it was reported that a loyal cultist was caught driving across the country with a military-style automatic weapon, who bragged to police officers that he was on his way to “kill Dr. Fauci.”

What do we know as fact? That Dr Fauci is a lifelong immunologist and researcher, who is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID). He has served as advisor to presidents Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, Trump, and Biden, and was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President George W Bush, for his work on AIDS research and the AIDS relief program. President Trump appointed him to his Coronavirus Task Force, then increasingly contradicted his advice, initially by ridiculing the wearing of masks and social distancing, and personally refusing to do either. When Trump announced that people could fight the virus by injecting bleach and inserting a “strong UV light into the body,” Dr. Fauci disagreed, doubtless saving many, many lives.

According to Wikipedia, Trump’s followers “alleged that Fauci was trying to politically undermine Trump's run for reelection. Some falsely claimed he was involved in creating the virus in a Chinese lab.“ This was pushed out via the internet and willingly believed by many.

Surely you don’t want to participate in encouraging murder, by repeating harmful conspiracy theories that have no basis in fact, put on the internet by people who use unwitting readers to continue spreading their agenda-driven hatred?

Daniel, please be better than that.

Notes:

https://www.ccn.com/we-failed-dr-fauci-death-threats/

Anthony Fauci - Wikipedia
    en.m.wikipedia.org

I beg to differ, daniel . Like you, we have known fully vaxxed people who got the virus, which will continue to circulate as long as there are unvaxxed people to spread it. The difference is that unvaccinated people who get infected are 70+ times more likely to land in the ICU and 11 times more likely to die. I’d take those odds any day.

And to the internet-popularized meme that we don’t know what the vaccine does to our bodies?? can many of the experts spreading that cliché say what any of the medicines they take for arthritis, asthma, or ulcers affect their bodies? Did your parents know what the smallpox vaccine would do to your body? Measles/mumps/rubella? Polio vaccine? On the other hand, while we will know more in the future about how Covid affects various organs, we already have hospitalization statistics to show us that the virus itself is terrible for the human body.

We received two shots of Sinofarm in Argentina and two shots of Pfizer in the USA. NO reactions at all. All free of charge,

I noted that here in the USA many people refused to get vaccinated, Why?

Never received a reasonable answer.

That’s because there IS no reasonable answer, Carlos . A relatively small number of people are not taking the vaccine for “religious reasons.” Then there are Anti-Vaxxers, who oppose all vaccinations, including those against childhood diseases. But the majority of those who reject coronavirus vaccination either do so for misguided political purposes or believe conspiracy theories perpetuated on the internet (the vaccine contains minuscule microchips that will allow the government to spy on you, etc.).

It is insane that a first-world nation, with abundant access to high-quality vaccines, has ruined its own chance of defeating the virus because it can’t reach the necessary percentage of vaccinated people. The US leads the world - - but this time, in number of infections, hospitalizations, and death.

What a scary experience! So glad it happened before she was vaccinated instead of afterwards, or she might have forever thought it was a result.

Also glad she had gone to a medical facility for her shot, so help was at hand! Is she feeling back to normal today?

I can’t speak to the effectiveness of the Russian and Chinese vaccines offered in Argentina. But all over the US, people who have received 3 Pfizer or Moderna vaccines who do get breakthrough infections are not becoming hospitalized at the alarming rate of unvaccinated people.

On Saturday, Chile’s physicians advised that travel to Argentina was not advisable, due to the Omicron variant of the Coronavirus. Given Chile’s growing number of Covid-related hospitalizations, this warning was not exactly timely.

Are they right? And is there a similar risk to both countries?

Chile's physicians discourage traveling to Argentina due to Omicron
    Chile's Medical College said that the coronavirus situation in Argentina was “critical” as a result of the Omicron variant and advised against traveling to the…
    en.mercopress.com

We can’t lose track of the primary responsibility of government: to keep its people safe. The problem comes with where the line is drawn between safety and personal freedom.

There are people who scream that their freedom is being violated by mask requirements, and people who have no problem with ACTUAL violation of freedom. And everything in between.

Nearly two years since the pandemic burst onto the scene, what is its current impact on your daily life? When and where do you wear a mask? Do you avoid certain forms of transportation or gatherings? Will your family’s 2021 holiday celebrations more closely resemble those of 2019 or 2020?

I hope that will help persuade people who are simply procrastinating or wavering. It's doubtful that anything will change the minds of hardcore anti-vaxxers.

But at least if you get on the subte or go into a restaurant, you can feel safer that the people breathing on you are vaccinated. Until the Health Passports start to be counterfeited.

You’re right, GlasgowJohn , Germany is trying to fight its way to the top of the list, with a surge in new cases.

According to worldometers, in number of cases, Germany is now #11, with 5,038,322 cases, compared to Argentina (still #9), with 5,305,151.

But in deaths per million population, Germany is still at 1,167, while Argentina has had 2,540 per million.

Argentina has surpassed the former champion, USA, with more deaths per capita from covid. But fear not: Brazil, Romania, Czechia, Georgia, Bulgaria, San Marino and Gibraltar lead Argentina, and Peru leads all. By a lot.

You couldn’t have made up a more appropriate venue name. What’s the MATTER with people?

And of COURSE Xtina wouldn’t be there to honor her late husband with the crowd of worshippers. Her chances of re-achieving the presidency just dramatically improved. No election or ‘suicide’ needed.