Posts from UK Man in thread „Corona Virus in Argentina“

No photo I'm afraid but if she's there tomorrow I'm sure she'll be delighted to pose with me for a pic. She was transito not police....are they the Argentine equivalent of UK traffic wardens?

What’s the population of your town, and how long have you been there? They all seem to know you.

Small town of around 70,000. We go through that check very often so I suspect it's more a case of them remembering they've seen the strange name on my DNI before. They're more likely to know the wife.

Still having our temperature taken at the main road entrance into the town, however today was another pleasant experience. The cheery buxom Transito lady said to my wife ''oh it's the English speaker beside you'' Not to disappoint I replied in English ''yes darling it's me, how you doin'?''. She laughed and waved us through...obviously not having the slightest clue what I had said.

Several friends who live in the San Fernando area tell me that the police cars are patrolling with loudspeakers and ordering people to go home, which is similar to what happened to me by the river.

That was happening here at the beginning along with the curfew siren. Thankfully all that stopped a few weeks ago. However I suspect it could return if the situation deteriorates.