Posts from UK Man in thread „Corona Virus in Argentina“

If a lockdown occurs, Will people comply?

Here where I am I suspect most will. There will always be some who won't of course. :rolleyes:

Good news is, Graciela the MIL's carer got her Covid test result this morning and it proved to be negative. She's been allowed to go home to recover from what is now believed to be a bad flu.

Still some wankers walking about in busy public areas without a mask on. Not to mention groups of maskless teenagers larking about. Going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Not helped by a Government of halfwits.

The missus this morning found out her notary has been put into isolation as well as her accountants secretary...both are awaiting Covid test results. She also learned from those in the know there's a flu bug going about after the recent wet spell. First time a flu bug is good news!!

I hope the caregiver recovers very soon, and that your MIL’s vaccination keeps her fully protected.

Thanks Rice. No panic yet unless the test result proves to be positive.

This mornings local news doesn't bode well though. Figures show a very large increase in cases....the largest since it all started, especially amongst the young. The youngest being only 1 year of age. If it's like that here I dread to think what it must be like in Buenos Aires.

Oh dear, I certainly hope she doesn’t have the virus, but if she had to be transferred via ambulance, she must have had serious symptoms?

UK Man , your MIL has been vaccinated, right?

MIL had her first vaccination in early March so she at least has some protection.

Hopefully she'll hear the result of the test today. She contacted my wife on Sunday to say she might be late coming in on Monday as she was going to the doctor due to having a sore back. The wife was surprised they took her in so she might have been feeling worse than she said.

Yes I suspect even tougher measures will be reintroduced shortly. A situation not exactly helped by a Government who have failed to deliver vaccination promises to the general public. They haven't a ruddy clue what they're doing.

Is there any government transparency about the number of doses now in their possession? Is there an educated guess about how many shots were received by K-cronies? Is there any public outcry about that corrupt favoritism?

Lots of hysterical arguing. However it seems to me, as almost everyone here is 'at it' in some shape or form, nowt gets done about it.

UK Man , I hope that your Mother In Law didn't have any side effects. You and Mrs. UK Man must be glad that she is getting this protection against covid-19.

No after effects at all....however she did request fish and chips with mushy peas for her dinner tonight along with a pint of ale.

I recommend Macallan Single Malt or Johnnie Walker Black as the best antidote.

As effective as all the official vaccines, kills all bacteria in your throat and you fell great after two doses.

Indeed.....I was brought up in Glasgow and survived scurvy, scarlet fever,chickenpox, mumps, measles and the dreaded lurgy all with no medication other than aspirin, hot toddy and a hot water bottle!!!

I'm tempted to ride down to Chivilcoy next weekend and try my luck with the authorities.

:301:

They stop all cars and lorries but allow motorbikes to go through the checkpoint without stopping them. That tells you how f'ing stupid it is!! Then they wonder why the number of positive cases here are on the rise!!! :rolleyes: All a bit of a pantomime.

As Spring approaches and Don’t-Call-It-Quarantine (maybe?) fades , perhaps there will be more people outside besides just purse snatchers and motochorros?

If the Government here is an example I reckon the nunber of thieves and crimes is bound to increase. :rolleyes:

This country is a f'ing joke!!! If I were you Rice I'd stay where you are as you'd have to be mad to return.

It would seem the establishment where figures are compiled hasn't been fully operational due to the lockdown. So God only knows where the government are getting the numbers from. ^^

I suspect Argentina isn't the only country guilty of this.

Not surprisingly, the government announced yet another quarantine extension. Meanwhile, rumour has it that the flights that were supposed to resume in September, have been moved to October.

Just like in everyday life in Argentina, Argentinians are stubborn and will resist any external pressure. This applies also to higher levels, politics, management.

Cheap vegetables and nice weather don't cut it anymore for me...

Wouldn't be surprised if it goes on into 2021 in some shape or form. Especially after hearing the wife this morning saying according to what she read the ''latest'' Argentine virus figures aren't exactly the latest. :rolleyes:

I'll second that emotion.

We've been going to the same house with the same people every Christmas for the last fifteen years, so I'm hoping that this year will be different.

:mask:

Sounds awful. The pandemic has already saved us from having to celebrate 3 birthdays. Always look on the bright side of life.....

Family and social reunions are banned until 15th August but I have a feeling many will ignore this after four months of lockdown.

Suits us to be honest as we find inviting people around a bit of a pain. Here's hoping it's still in force for Xmas/Hogmanay. :thumbup: