Posts from UK Man in thread „Why is e-commerce not taking off in Argentina?“

I used my wife's Mercado Libre account last week to buy two tobacco smoking pipes....one on the 4th and one on the 5th. Postage was 160 pesos for each package using Correo....the pipes weigh around 30gr each.

The one dispatched on the 4th has arrived at my local Correo 7 days later and the second is still sitting in a sorting office in Buenos Aires. I suspect the staff downed tools on Friday and didn't return until yesterday....union power and all that.

I'm impressed with the way Mercado Libre operate :thumbup: it's Correo who are the problem. :thumbdown:

Well according to Mercado Libre my purchase was to arrive no later than today 7 days after the purchased item was handed over to Correo. Track and trace shows it's only covered half the distance so far. Bit of a shambles.

I buy pipe tobacco twist - a kilo at a time from Sayri a company based in Cordoba. They send it to me using Buspack and it arrives within two days. Excellent service from ordering to collecting. That's the way it should be done. The guy I always deal with is French right enough.

I used my wife's Mercado Libre account last week to buy two tobacco smoking pipes....one on the 4th and one on the 5th. Postage was 160 pesos for each package using Correo....the pipes weigh around 30gr each.

The one dispatched on the 4th has arrived at my local Correo 7 days later and the second is still sitting in a sorting office in Buenos Aires. I suspect the staff downed tools on Friday and didn't return until yesterday....union power and all that.

I'm impressed with the way Mercado Libre operate :thumbup: it's Correo who are the problem. :thumbdown: