Posts from ben in thread „For the record, something I really appreciate about our forum here is....“

OK, looks like I probably wasn't clear. I'll try again:

1. I think most people here are idiots.
    2. I said "most" and not "all" just to be polite. Feel free to think you're the exception, dipshit.
    3. If ever there was a place where you could see everyone's idiocy on display, look no further than the moronic drivel on this thread.
    4. Banning people for pointing out how dumb you are? Hope it makes you feel powerful. What a loser.
    5. This is all actually relevant to the abortion debate. Having read y'all, I now support it.
      I'm not pro-choice, though: I think in a lot of cases, it ought to be mandatory.
    6. I'd go into detail regarding every one of the geniuses here, but that's time I frankly shouldn't be wasting on you.
    7. Feel free to spend the rest of your worthless day debating whether I'm respectful enough. Me, I got work to do. Look it up.

Peace to all!

Here's my 2 cents FWIW. (Hoping BTW my stuff is not what's being referred to! 😃)

Everybody should be welcome.

If someone gets out of line - to use the terminology used here starts throwing shit - he gets a warning.

Maybe even private at first, only then a public warning.

- "Dude, all opinions are welcome, but be respectful".

- "We've passed the limit of assuming good faith, this sounds too much like trolling".

Also - I'm pretty against deleting posts. Leave them up, but make clear and public the response, whether a rebuke, a threat to ban, or informing the same.

Ban the offender, don't censor what's already been put up (barring something truly outré).

Making the place welcome and enjoyable to most, requires some pruning. IOW - to make it explicitly not welcome to some.

Otherwise the place becomes starts to stink to the point people don't want to return. It might even be subconscious - less of "I'm not going there to see that troll!" and more of a feeling that you might not even notice yourself, of not actively wanting to check it out.

Just my thoughts!