Posts from UK Man in thread „Talk about today“

Monumental cock-up by the electricity company. The missus got an email this morning saying she hadn't paid the last bill. She was told to pay it asap plus the next bill which is due to be paid on May 10th. Well you should have heard what she had to say about that.....she always swears in Spanish when she's annoyed!! =O

She found the receipt for the paid ''unpaid'' bill and shot off to their office. She kicked up so much fuss the manager appeared to aplogise to her profusely for their mistake. She's now feeling better. :D

Didn't go out the front door until 7.30pm. As the missus wasn't taking her God children to the 8pm service she suggested I go with her. As it was such a lovely evening instead of taking the car out the garage we walked to the church in the main square...a leisurely 20 minute walk.

On the way back we stopped off at Mamma Mia to have pizza plus a beer for me.

Wifey's been at her hairdresser for 3 hours and sent me a message saying she's still has another hour to go!! When I go I'm in and out in 15 minutes!! :thumbup:

Best of it is, judging by the picture she just looks the same as she did when she left to go.

IMG-20240228-WA0003.jpg

Did it smell like skunk?

Never smelled a skunk. To me it smelled like chimichurri.

The reason behind it was in the countryside last week Nazarena said she could smell marijuana in the wind. I said I'd just cut the grass so maybe that's what she was smelling. Then told I wouldn't know as I'd never seen marijuana nevermind smell it. She was adament it was marijuana so I asked her how she knew. Seems the son of the woman she cleans for smokes it. Anyway she reckons someone might be growing it on our land in part of the wood next to the house.

She brought a small bag with tiny scraps of a leaf she found in the bin of the woman's house to let me smell it.

Two examples of Dia online grocery shopping ths week....our first experiences.

Earlier in the week wifey selected and paid for 10 tins of tuna that were on sale. A couple of days later went to collect them without any problem. :thumbup:
    That night she had another go and purchased 8 2 litre bottles of Villavicencio mineral water. Went yesterday to collect them to find they only handed over 4. Wifey tells the girl she paid for 8. The girl went away came back and said if you don't come and collect asap they just sell it to someone else!!! But I've already paid for them wifey said. The girl said you'll be refunded for those you didn't get...check your bank account. :rolleyes:

Went to my chest doctor yesterday for the three month check-up on my COPD....hasn't got any worse so just keep taking the medicine she said. :thumbup:

The missus asked her about the Covid vaccine. Seemingly as our last one was in March last year we're both up to date as the 2024 vaccine is still yet to arrive in Argentina and it could be a while yet befores it does. Similar story with the flu vaccine.