Posts from CruiseJunki in thread „GDPR: Re, Privacy Policy“

The burden is on any entity that runs an online portal that is capable of holding the personal data of others. This forum and others for example holds members' email addresses, which is personal data.

The privacy policy which is usually shown at the foot of most pages therefore needs to show the name, address and telephone number of who runs the website and I'll be amending the Argentina Expats' privacy policy accordingly.

"The privacy policy ..... needs to show the name, address and telephone number of who runs the website ....... "

And you continued to say: " .... I'll be amending Argentina Expats' privacy policy accordingly."

I hope you are not really serious, Splinter! Please say you are joking about that.

[Reading several of the posts above yours I assume you are not really serious about giving out your personal info on line!]

My friend and partner (who is involved with me on the latest Forum / website project) told me he would never comply with such a "demand" of GDPR; and if I even think about doing so he will " ....paddle my [arse] so hard [you] won't be able to sit for a week."

Of course, he won't get the chance because I am also of the opinion GDPR (and ALL whom are behind the creation of that regulation)

can go [censored] itself!

DJ

P.S. After I am 'accused, tried, and sentenced' to "life without possibility of parole" for the "willful and criminal failure to comply .... "

anyone who cares to stay in touch with me can write to me at:

U.S. Department of Corrections and Incarceration, 88 Lonely Road, Rt. Shit, Pelican Bay, California.

Attention Prisoner Code: GDF 69 LPI

The link isn’t accessible. If there are a couple of concise points to share, maybe a quick copy/paste?

Sorry the link doesn't work.

In order to explain or define the 'concise points" two of the members have discussed - one from a strictly legal point, and the other person replying from the personal view he does not want to give out his personal information in the Privacy Policy - I would have to copy and paste the Thread's contents, and that may

not be legal - (and at the very least could possibly get me into hot water with Woltlab).

serafina in Post #4 has posted two links concerning this issue (thank you!).

It is a lot of reading but worth it if one wants to truly study the implications this new ruling will bring into play (action) upon ANYONE (whether personal or public)

and to whom has a website or forum.

There is an interesting debate (and heated discussion at times) going on over at the Woltlab Support Forums; it is related to the subject of Privacy.

But more specifically, to what (apparently) will be required of all individuals who operate websites and forums; and it isn't just for those in persons living in Germany or who have forums / websites with a direct connection to Germany.

Most of the posts seem to be concentrated on what two individuals have thus far said on this issue.

There is some "merit" on both sides of the isle; but I for one believe it is yet another "slippery slope" that all us are going to caught up in.

Here is the link for those interested: https://community.woltlab.com/thread/268092-gdpr-policy/?pageNo=1

I am not sure if one has to be logged in order to view this - I always log in as I am a Registered Member.

I believe the "effective date" of this new legislation is 25 May 2018 - but check it out in the Thread to make sure.