Posts from EJLarson in thread „GDPR: Re, Privacy Policy“

Here’s an opportunity for some solid science: let’s compare recovery rates before and after the prayer ban. We could learn something significant about divine intervention probabilities.

In the larger sense, this is a predictable outcome. Take the core of a well-intentioned idea and let politicians and bureaucrats implement it. As night follows day, it will result in unintentional punishment of the innocent and general farce for everyone else.

I'm so glad you didn't have to borrow against the princely sum in your Nigerian beneficiary account that will be hitting your bank account any minute now. The IRS was so thoughtful to let you pay in cash or gift cards. Did you have to mail it to Bangalore?

That's just silly. Everyone knows that IRS headquarters are in Dubrovnik.

The burden is on any entity that runs an online portal that is capable of holding the personal data of others. This forum and others for example holds members' email addresses, which is personal data.

The privacy policy which is usually shown at the foot of most pages therefore needs to show the name, address and telephone number of who runs the website and I'll be amending the Argentina Expats' privacy policy accordingly.

... and about time, too! I suspect that your flagrant disregard for data security is the reason that the IRS called the other day demanding immediate payment of a tax fine. Luckily I was able to find the exact $500 gift card they demanded. So tighten up those portals, all right?

I guessing that, like most regulations, once you figure out what to say for a given case, you can cut-and-paste for all similar cases?