Posts from EJLarson in thread „Browsers with built-in VPN“

It’s possible that PIA stands for Prisoner In Albania. Close call, that.

Very seriously, here:

If a rewind were possible, back to the mid-90's, when the Internet was a friendly little place, what would have been a safe way forward, using the suddenly-available technology while avoiding the security pitfalls we can so clearly see in the rearview mirror?

I’ll be interested in Splinter’s take on this, but for me the answer is “nothing.” If you consign any part of your life and data to web-dwellers, you’re at risk and some day, in some way, you’ll likely pay a price.

I've been using Opera for a couple of years now, mainly because I like the large thumbnails on the homepage for my most frequently visited sites and yes, I have used the VPN and it works very well as Jim has said in the article, with no noticeable slowdown.

I'm a very big fan of Opera and those stories about the Chinese spying on us since it was sold to them are simply the usual scare mongers at work.

Who isn't spying on us anyway? But at least with a decent VPN, you have a chance.

Absolutely! We have, for the most part, set ourselves up for scams, theft, and spying by choosing to become cybercitizens. We can easily become safe and invulnerable - all we need is a dark room and an opaque blanket.