Posts from Splinter in thread „Expats in Pinamar? Best beach town?“

If you are interested in a house or property on the Atlantic coast, Chicagoan , you might want to go a bit beyond Cariló, to Costa Esmeralda, which isn’t as developed or crowded as MDP, Pinamar, or Cariló (Or wasn’t, our last time there, in 2018 or 2019).

This photo shows how wide the beach is there.

https://costa-esmeralda.com.ar

Seems to me to be a private area for members only.

Either way, that part of the South Atlantic coast is nice up to a point and it's brass monkey's when you dip a toe in the water.

Our favourite time is off season, way off season and we've been to Carilo several times in July/August when it's deserted and I hate crowds.

HI -- Another question.

If an American wants to buy property, what is the best way to get the most out of the USD? I've heard many things. Ideally, it would seem to be taking US dollars and then converting them into Argentine Pesos in Argentina to pay for the property.

Can this work? What's the best way? Thanks.

Everyone I know pays for property in US dollars. We did, twice.

Besides, house are sold in USD anyway.

Hi. I will be visiting Argentina.

Is Pinamar a good place to visit? I'm also interested in renting/buying a house near the beach. Does anyone know of any good expats who know real estate in Argentina along the Atlantic coast? A good buy in a good area.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott and welcome!

You could try Argenprop, a site that we have been using to look for houses. It's like an aggregator of numerous agents.

Venta y alquiler de propiedades: departamentos, casas, terrenos, oficinas y más - Argenprop
    Encontrá propiedades e inmuebles en venta y alquiler, casas, departamentos, terrenos, locales, oficinas, quintas, PH, cocheras y más en Argenprop.
    www.argenprop.com