Posts from Carlos in thread „Why beauty matters“

The composition of this painting is bold, perhaps muted by the near-pastel colors. I think of the Argentine countryside in much stronger colors, and wonder what caused him to see it in softer tones.

He was only an amateur watercolorist. Mainly he introduced the scots sheeps in our country.

What is that second building? And that first one - - what was Frank Gehry THINKING?

What is your opinion of Antoni Gaudí, Carlos ?

The second building is the Exeter Library of Louis Kahn (1901-1975)

Frank Gehry is not interested in beauty at all. He likes complexity and the deconstruction of accepted forms and shapes. However, he is worlwide acclaimed.

Gaudi was a brilliant achitecht who explored biological forms and also made experiments with parabolical arches. His last building was the Sagrada Familia Basilica in Barcelona. Unfortunately those buildings cannot be built nowadays. Craftmen and artisans from Catalonia no longer exist.

But the best proof the quality of his Sagrada Familia is that this is the most visited piece of architecture in Barcelona, Another very well known building is the German Pavilion of the 1929 Exhibition., but very few people are willing to visit.--

I started to watch it but then I realised it was an hour-long. I will do this at the weeeknd.

Good idea, it deserves to take a time. The good thing of Sir Scruton is that he says things that a modern expert do not like to hear,

His production in art philosophy is the best of the last Century at worldwide scale.

He makes an excellent point. The opening frames calmed and pleased me; the late 20th century transition put me on edge. But what can we do, besides retreating into the past, which is not a good thing to do?

Yes, turning to the past is not a good perspective. But where can you look for a thing so subtle as Beauty? Not certainly in the current modern art.