Posts from Carlos in thread „Mid-term elections 2021“

Yes, but the lower social circles of the UK are higher than those who are in Argentina. Yes, in the debates they tend to escalate the offense and then no constructive conclusion can be found. Remember the weird qualificative that Alberto Fernandez said about the "formidable" debate of the almost monologue of the teacher K with the student, two weeks ago.

I know I will be accused from being a dinosaur. But the reason why these people, in general,cannot debate with kindness, is because they came suddenly from very low social levels.

And you must have at least two or three generations of families which practices the etiquette of speaking, even controversial questions,

Of course, a very conservative comment. But is what I see,

Carlos , could you please help me understand the PASO elections? I see that they differ from usual primary elections in that even parties with unopposed candidates are required to run, in order to qualify for the required 1.5% votes?

I am asking because I don’t know how optimistic to be, based on the good results of yesterday’s PASO.

This election was like a rehearsal of the real election in November, and allows to choose inside each party the candidates. Some parties, like the Personist, did not allowed to do that to their partisans. Some others, like Juntos por el Cambio (Together for the changement) made a competition, in every district. My district was the Buenos Aires Province and there were 2 candidates. THe city of BA had three candidates.

But anyway is very difficult to change the trend. It not happened in 2018 with Macri, who lost the PASO and then also lost the real election, two months later. MOstly is a proof of the popularity of the present government, and due to the rude and gross mistakes they did, is very difficult to reverse the results.

In the final election, in November, there must be one group of representative per party.